Downloaded "back-Up" Account From Stevie Server

wal

Hi Support,

I Donated and received a link to create a new account on Tommy but I am confused about the next procedure. I want to re-activate my existing web page that was on the Stevie server. I requested my backed-up account from the Stevie server and downloaded it. Thank you. How do I go about re-activating my old account or setting up a new account with this 155MB xxx.tar.gz file I downloaded? I'd rather not re-build my web page from scratch via a brand new account but would rather use my back-up file to create the new account.

I already requested that my username and domain be freed from the Stevie server which was granted. Thank you.

account: education.heliohost.org

If I can use the downloaded back-up file to create my new account on Tommy, do I have to use my old username that was assigned to it or can I create a new one?

Thank you

Click the link in the email and create your account. You should be able to use the education.heliohost.org domain again, but if you want to have the username wal we'll have to rename your forum account temporarily. Once your account is created you have two options. 1) Upload your archive, and extract it on the server, or 2) Extract your archive on your home computer and upload the files individually. Your backup should -- as long as your section of the hard drive wasn't too corrupted -- contain the contents of your public_html directory, and some .sql files containing your databases. Upload the public_html files and directories into your new public_html folder that was created on your new account. For the databases if you have any create the database with the same name through cpanel, and then you can import the .sql file through phpmyadmin. Let us know if you need any of these steps explained more in depth.

Ok, I created a new account and used my old/original domain name. Good so far... this is where I hope I proceeded correctly ... I went to cpanel and uploaded the xxx.tar.gz (back-up file) to my cpanel (under: BACKUP --> RESTORE A HOME DIRECTORY BACKUP) and a screen is now showing that hasn't moved in over an hour. The screen simply says, " restoring files" but I don't see any activity or a progress bar. The screen lists all the individual files thus I assume it automatically unzipped the xxx.tar.gz file upon upload. Am I to assume that this current screen is restoring my files (automatically) to my public_html folder? The xxx.tar.gz file is 155MB.

Thanks

What do you suggest please? The upload screen is still sitting there doing nothing. Is there suppose to be a progress bar or something to indicate that the upload was complete or failed? What do you suggest I do now please? I have no idea if the upload was successful. Should I close the screen and start over?

Thank you kindly

Just went to my file manager in cpanel and from what I can briefly see, it looks like all my files uploaded ok. Just curious why the upload screen never gave me a "Finished" or "Complete" message. I'll go through all my files tomorrow and make sure they all uploaded.

Is it possible to run the upload file again (xxx.tar.gz) to be 100% sure? Or will it create duplicates of everything?

Thank you.

Question please, it "appears" that all my files uploaded to my public_html despite a locked-up screen during the process. I'm not 100% positive all files uploaded because my public_html is rather large and would take forever top verify each file uploaded. If I run the upload file (xxx.tar.gz) again, will it overwrite all existing files on my public_html or will it create duplicates?

Thank you

I uploaded the xxx.tar.gz file once again (to restore my home directory) but this time I utilized Chrome instead of Firefox. When I clicked upload in cpanel --> Backup --> Restore a Home Directory Backup, I noticed in Chrome that there was a percentage count down (progress bar) in the bottom left of the window that said, "uploading x%". When the upload completed 100%, it then said (bottom left of window) "Sending request to Tommy.heliohost.org". When the connection was made, all my files appeared on the Heliohost screen which was titled "Backup" and underneath it said,"restoring files". This appearance would lead one to believe that the files are currently being restored when in fact it looks as if the procedure was completed. Even at this point there was no message that said "Complete".

In fact, although all my files are in my public_html, I am curious if this step was even necessary as I initially requested that my original domain from Stevie be released which Heliohost kindly completed and if -in fact- this request simply moved all my files automatically to my public_html? Just sayin'. Either way I'm up and running again!

Thank you Heliohost for your kind support.