Reusing Parked Domains With New Account?

djzebbie

I had an account on the now dearly-departed Stevie server that went offline in December. I don't believe I need to delete my old account as it was already trashed by the drive failure. (I checked the account recovery page and it did not find my username or email address there.) In addition to the main username.heliohost.org domain, I also had two .com and .net domains that were associated with it that I want to use as alias(es).

If/when I sign up for a new hosting account on one of the other servers (Tommy seems to be popular right now), will I be able to reuse these parked domains on the new server? Almost as though I had never had the previous account at all?

Are the DNS entries the same, and the records should populate (I think is the term) after a period of time to where the .com and .net domains resolve to this new account, or will I need to get in touch with my domain registrar to change the DNS to point to a new server?

Tommy uses the same nameservers (ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org) as Stevie did so you probably won't need to change anything at all. Just add them to your new account and they should start working.

There is a backup at https://www.heliohost.org/backup/ for you, but it's only 180k so I don't know how much might be in there for you. Let us know if you need help accessing it.

The backup page says can't find my username or email and I'm sure I entered both correctly. Can you attach it to a zip file or something and post it as an attachment in a PM or something? AFAIK it's just a few "website in-progress" pages but I'd at least like to grab whatever I can from the old server.