[Solved] Java Api For Json Processing On Tommy

tradeJmark

Hello, all,

I was wondering if the Java API for JSON Processing could be enabled on Tommy so that it could be used with JSP. I think all that would need to be done would be to have the jar files for the API and library placed in whatever classpath is being used by Tomcat.

If you are interested in doing this, the jar files are located here:

Thank you for considering this.

-Tim Meredith

UPDATE:

Earlier today, my code using the API started working without my having changed anything. The libraries I wished to use were in a WEB-INF/lib folder, and those are the ones now being used, despite the fact that this didn't work initially and I haven't changed anything to make it work. Since then, I have added another library in the same folder, but as of now am unable to use it with JSP. Does Tomcat do some sort of periodic sweep to update the libraries it recognizes for me to use?

If anyone could help clear up my confusion, I would appreciate it.

-Tim Meredith

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that tomcat probably has to be restarted to see them. That happens periodically for reasons like new accounts getting it enabled, so something/someone else on the server likely did something that triggered a restart and it found your libs at the same time.

This has maybe turned into more of a questions thread than a customer service one, but does anyone know of any way for me to force Tomcat to recognize libraries that my JSP pages need to use? Or is my best bet on a free service (not a complaint, I understand the limits of what you're doing, and I really appreciate it) to just wait until someone triggers a Tomcat restart?