[Solved] He Outages?

wolstech

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing since HE outages show all of the services going down at once so I contacted them yesterday during the first batch of slowness/downtime and they said we were being DDoS'd. They were targeting Tommy, but it was enough network traffic to take everything down. 840 mb/s was the highest spike.

840MB/sec...dang, though that's a small DDoS from my understanding. No wonder everything goes down. Network's clogged with all the junk packets being lobbed at us...

Seems the server has no issue recovering when the traffic flood stops though. I'm guessing the firewall is taking the heat on Tommy?

Yeah, seems so. These attacks always make me wonder why exactly though? I wish these idiots would at least send us a message saying like, "This is for always suspending all of my phishing websites that I create!" or "One of the websites that you host put up a picture of me with a derp face!" or "I picked your IP randomly from the 4 billion IPv4 addresses that I could have chosen from."