[Solved] Problem With Attachments Not Uploading Nor Downloading And Album Images Not Showing On Vbulletin Forum

acrocomu2

Johnny also only has one version of PHP to pick from: 5.6.

I suggest you choose Tommy to do your vbulletin experiments on. If someone was to want to run paid forum software on our servers this is certainly the server they would want due to the high uptime. Let us know if you encounter any errors and we'll do our best to solve them. It would be nice to be able to say that we support well known forum software like vbulletin out of the box without a lot of tweaking.

Ok. Please keep us updated.

Also, I would not recommend Johnny for vbulletin. Johnny is extremely slow compared to Ricky or tommy and your software may not work correctly. Johnny is also down quite a bit...

Johnny also only has one version of PHP to pick from: 5.6.

I suggest you choose Tommy to do your vbulletin experiments on. If someone was to want to run paid forum software on our servers this is certainly the server they would want due to the high uptime. Let us know if you encounter any errors and we'll do our best to solve them. It would be nice to be able to say that we support well known forum software like vbulletin out of the box without a lot of tweaking.

Thank You Very Much for all your important information and guide.

I'll create an account in Tommy very soon using "acrocomu" as username for the account. I used it back in June 10 in Ricky server but deleted that account, and when tried to use it in Tommy server told me that was already used so I had to choose a different one "comuacro" and then when deleted that one and went back to Ricky I had to choose a different one "acroedif" which is also deleted as I deleted that account too.

¿Could you please free the "acrocomu" account so that I can use it to create an account in Tommy in the following hours? I'll make a try once is available in about 1 hour.

I'll be using the same domain acropolis.heliohost.org for the account.

I'm in process to complete with vBulletin the access to my vBulletin Licenses; they are registered at my mother's name, so tha validation process has been extensive for their security reasons (well based to avoid License stealing). Once I have access to the Licenses I'll set the one with the vBulletin 3.8.4 version with the domain acropolis.heliohost.org for it to be legally used in the heliohost servers.

I'll reply again in this topic once I've been able to complete the process with vBulletin and also when being able to create the account in Tommy server with username acrocomu.

I'll ask vBulletin support what is the better PHP and MySQL version to run the 3.8.4 forums.

My best regards and thank you very much for all your help and support.

:)

Edited by acrocomu

I've added a 2 to your forum account name so acrocomu will work for a new account. Let me know once it's created and I'll rename it back.

Hello and thank you for the change made on the forum account, but moments before your reply I created an account on Tommy server with the username comuacro (when creating it I tried the acrocomu and didn't work so I had to choose another one and a close one is comuacro); I had to create the account fast as the registration window for Tommy is very short.

I've set in my members area at vbulletin.com the domain name acropolis.heliohost.org, so there should be no problem for the licensing of the forums software.

Question: Is it possible to please set the PHP version to 5.2 on my account "comuacro"? Checking on Internet, they mention that the old version of vBulletin that I have (3.8.4 Patch Level 2) should work fine on 5.2, in some places mention also 5.3 (but should work better with 5.2).

I've installed the forums and the Errors on Tommy server appeared; I can't login into my forum admin account nor any user in it; also, the topics can't be seen. I can see that the default versions for PHP and MySQL on Tommy are the same that on Ricky (5.6.30 and 5.6.35) but on Ricky this Errors didn't appear and topics were accessed without errors (except the not being able to download/upload attachments and view images of albums and attachments in the posts of the topics), and on June 12 with this same versions on Ricky server the forums allowed downloading of attachments and visualization of images of albums and in posts.

It'd be interesting to see if with a lower version of PHP this Errors disappear in the forums for my account on Tommy server.

I appreciate your help to apply this changes for the lowest possible version of PHP (hopefully 5.2) to see the changes in the behavior of the forums.

I send you my best regards and thank you very much for your help and service.

:)

Edited by acrocomu2

You can pick your own version of php at https://tommy.heliohost.org:2083/frontend/paper_lantern/multiphp_manager/index.html However, php 5.2 reached end of life in 2011 which is well over 6 years ago. When software reaches end of life that means they no longer release security patches so any vulnerabilities that anyone has found over the last 6 years could be used against any software running on that ancient of php and potentially used to root the entire server. Therefore it is extremely unwise to run php 5.2 at all, and especially unwise on a shared server. Likewise php 5.3 reached end of life 2 years and 10 months ago. The oldest version of php we support is 5.4.

Perhaps while you are updating the domain on your licenses you can also download a less ancient version of their forum software?