Meaning of life

I was just wondering what everyone thinks the 'meaning of life' is. My thought is that life is what you what it to be. The meaning of life could be death. It could be to make the Earth a better place. In my opinion, it is all of these things, because, as I said, it is what you believe.

Just wondering what everyone elses thoughts are

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
well their is no answer to the meanin of life my dad says it is 42. i dont know why

No, that's not quite right. That is the answer to, "What is the Meaning of Life, the Universe and Everything?" Surely it must be some derivative of 42 that we haven't quite figured out yet.

On the other hand we could just watch the movie, Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, or look it up on the Internet (Wikipedia to the rescue). B) There are some interesting viewpoints out there and I'm sure just about everyone can find one that they like. It certainly is a tough question though and difficult to pick just one answer that encompasses everything you believe or feel about life.

Hey meriadoc..

I found out that you really obsessed with Phillosophy..

every posts that I've found with you, all related to phillosophy and big big theories...

sounds like you're someone well-knowledged..

SALUTE!

Thanks for the complement JcX, I think. :) While I don't believe I am obsessed with Philosophy, I do believe in putting some thought behind my posts. A number of postings don't seem to have much in the way of content or look like a simplified answer to save a few minutes. Please don't anyone take that the wrong way, there's nothing wrong with posting in that manner. It shows involvement in the community and the willingness to share your thoughts with those around you. Part of my definition of the meaning of life is expanding on what I already know or improving oneself and the people I come in contact with. We all learn from coming in contact with others (unless of course they are a mass murderer, then there could be problems beyond the scope of this topic). I enjoy reading and learning new things so some of what I write may actually reflect what little I retain.

• 1 year later...

I am reviving this thread instead of starting an entirely new discussion.

So, like... what is the meaning of life?

Why do we care about the survival of ourselves, our family, our people, and humanity?

Essentially - why don't we just drop down and die?

Personally I've often thought that the answer lies in nature documentaries - where you see animals reproduce and do their best to promote their genes.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...