Problems with hotmail?

deadeye2

I tried signing up for heliohost using my hotmail account: deadeye_75[@]hotmail.com (ommit brackets) but i never recieved a confirmation that it even went to processing or any kind of email after more than 24 hours, should i try to remake an account using g-mail or is there a way to fix this like changing the e-mail to the g-mail one?

I also tried using the forums to recover the account password but even that didn't work, but when i used gmail i got the mail instantly.

Thanks for your help,

DeadEye2

PS: this is not the original forum account just a new one i created to be able to reach you.

Don't use Hotmail. The spam filter is EXTREMELY ineffective. GMail is alot better.

Also, if you use GMail with outlook, be sure to turn off the outlook spam filter; its just as bad a Hotmail's

So in other words, all Microsoft spam blockers are extremely ineffective :rolleyes:

Yeah I've had the same problem, Registered for heliohost a couple of days ago using my hotmail account and didn't receive an email from them. Tried to open this forum account and I still couldn't receive the validation email. Had to use a gmail account to open this account.

Still cant access my heliohost domain.

I never had problems with the hotmail account until now, I mainly use it because of messenger and that overall its a pretty decent e-mail for what I use it for. Anyway i am guessing it has to do something with hotmail blocking e-mails because it knows the old DNS IP and it doesn't match with the new one when sending a mail so it just deletes/blocks it.

Anyway, I am wondering what is my subdomain for heliohost since the one I try now: programingsci.heliohost.org doesn't seem to have cpanel installed, should i give it more time or it's a different one?

Thanks for your help,

DeadEye2

I never had problems with the hotmail account until now, I mainly use it because of messenger and that overall its a pretty decent e-mail for what I use it for. Anyway i am guessing it has to do something with hotmail blocking e-mails because it knows the old DNS IP and it doesn't match with the new one when sending a mail so it just deletes/blocks it.

Anyway, I am wondering what is my subdomain for heliohost since the one I try now: programingsci.heliohost.org doesn't seem to have cpanel installed, should i give it more time or it's a different one?

Thanks for your help,

DeadEye2

Which one did you register with? It could be that your previous registration didn't take because we've been having some server issues lately. Don't register again unless djbob tells you to though.