can't execute StoredProcedure in mysql db

Rex

Hi djbob,

Thank for your hosting. It is a GREAT place!

My hosting account is babyname.

I logined into cpanel, opened the phpadmin and created a mysql db which name is "babyname_test" and some functions and stored procedures in the db. I also created a user as "babyname_user" and assigned all privileges of test db to this user.

In my PHP code, I can use "babyname_user" to connect and query db "babyname_test", but can't execute any stored procedures.

I don't know whether it is a bug of heliohost or cpanel.

Anyway I have passed this problem. Use PHP with the user to connect the db and create the sp and functions, then I can use these sp and functions in PHP code.

You're probably the first person to try using MySQL stored procedures around here. They're relatively new and I'm not sure how supported they are from PHP or our version of MySQL, as well as if they work under cPanel's restrictions.

haha, it is my honor. I am used to use stored precedures and hide others schema for db user. :)

another thing about sp, heliohost's phpMyAdmin will return error while trying to execute sp which returns some resultset.

It should be a bug of mysql API of php. mysqli should be ok.

You're probably the first person to try using MySQL stored procedures around here. They're relatively new and I'm not sure how supported they are from PHP or our version of MySQL, as well as if they work under cPanel's restrictions.

• 1 month later...
haha, it is my honor. I am used to use stored precedures and hide others schema for db user. :)

another thing about sp, heliohost's phpMyAdmin will return error while trying to execute sp which returns some resultset.

It should be a bug of mysql API of php. mysqli should be ok.

well, it seems that i'm the second one to use stored procedures around here. =D

my phpmyadmin is not working, so i'm executing queries from my computer via toad for mysql.

i get the folowing error:

Connection 11/17/2009 9:53:42 PM Got 2 warning(s). 0 0

Connection 11/17/2009 9:53:42 PM 1410: You are not allowed to create a user with GRANT 0 0

Connection 11/17/2009 9:53:42 PM 1404: Failed to grant EXECUTE and ALTER ROUTINE privileges 0 0

Error 11/17/2009 9:53:43 PM 0:00:00.760 MySQL Database Error: execute command denied to user 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX' for routine 'boreas_XXXXXXXX.myProc' 135 0

it seems that i can set a stored procedure, but cant call it. =/

it's still okay... i can make the same funcionality from php, but im used to SPs.