[Solved] Rake

TriMethylXanthine

I need Rake to bootstrap a MySQL database for Radiant CMS.Not bootstrapped database was the cause for Radiant not working.I always manage to ask a lot of obvious questions before looking at a readme.

Ask the Rake forum...seems like a good idea, I don't know why but I didn't think about it.Something is happening with my brain today.Maybe I just got tired. :/

And by the way, sorry for my English.I have a strong feeling that I did a mistake in that post.

EDIT: It seems that there's *no* Rake forum.

EDIT: I found this at the main page:

# Rake

Rake is Ruby's equivalent of GNU Make. Rakefiles gets rid of a lot of the complex syntax in standard Makefiles, and redesign the important directives in Ruby syntax.

But what is the sense for Rake if you cannot really execute Rakefiles?

Of course I did.

I just need to bootstrap a database with Rake.Of course if I could, I'd do this on my home computer and then upload, but installing everything from scratch (Apache, Mongrel, rspec etc...) on Mac OS X to only once bootstrap a database is a quite difficult and unnecessary task.

I heard of database migrating or other operations through calling ActiveRecord from a RoR script, but... there is so much undocumented things in Ruby. >_<

And I've asked the community.Nothing helpful.

Maybe going to ask the Radiant mailing list.

And... why you couldn't just allow restricted SSH access?

• 2 weeks later...