What came first the chicken or the egg?

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The Egg came first. The egg mutated to become a chicken. Probably from Dinosaurs. The Dinosaur eggs came from fish, which evolved and evolved to the next and next species, usually keeping the one before, making Dino's.

:wub:

I also agree because a dinosaur gaining feathers midway of its life would be strange. Also mutation to a human body only occurs when there is significant amount of hazardous radiation, while a baby can have extra limbs or digits when it's born, which is quite common.

I accidentally voted for chicken lol :wacko:.

• 3 weeks later...

It depends upon what you consider to be a chicken egg. Is it an egg laid by a chicken? Or do you consider it an egg that contains what will become a chicken?

If you believe in the first definition, of course, the chicken had to come first. If you believe in the second one, the egg had to come first.

In reality, the first chicken egg (an egg containing what would later become a chicken) was laid by a chicken-like bird.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

the egg came first:

As mentioned previously ; An egg is an environment and a storage capsule all in one and it predates what we would define as an animal much less what we define as sheep or chicken.

Plant Egg - Seeds and Fruits

Since avians are evolutionarily descendent's of reptiles even the dinosaur bit is true, and before dinosaurs laid eggs fish laid eggs and somewhere down the line it was all about a few cells that wanted to protect themselves from the cold, or the salt, or the aridity, or whatever was bothering them at the time (truth is they didn't even really WANT anything, they just kind of got lucky.)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When life was created (for the first time :P ) a coincidence had to happen, a lot of molecules had to be organized to create life. It created some bacterias (chickens) who created a way to reproduce later (egg). It would be very difficult to create an object that could create life before the life exists.

This is my opinion... Chicken ftw!

• 1 year later...

I never understood this question or, more accurately, I never understood why it was phrased this way. Obviously, eggs came before chickens. Dinosaurs laid eggs and dinosaurs existed before chickens. Now if the question asked whether the chicken or the chicken egg came first, then that would be a better question. I agree with Infinaety that it would depend on the definition.

• 2 weeks later...