is mod_rewrite enabled?

fakezylu

I'm trying to install wordpress but when I go into the "permalinks" page in the administration panel I get a blank webpage. As far as I have read, it seems that this problem is caused because mod_rewrite is not enabled in apache. So, is mod_rewrite enabled? and if it is enabled, has anyone any clue why I can't go into the permalinks configuration page?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Yes mod_rewrite is enabled but I haven't a clue what's wrong with your installation.

I don't think it's an installation problem. I didn't use Fantastico to install it, but it's not the first time I install wordpress. Everything works right, but the permalinks configuration page. It's strange.

I would suggest checking with the wordpress folks and see if anybody else has had a similar problem.

Also check to see that there are NO php_flags in your htaccess file.

well, I made a test and I think it's not a mod_rewrite problem... but I don't know where the problem could be. I installed wordpress in other hosts and I did nothing to get permalinks working, but they worked. Well, I will try to get an answer in the wordpress forums. Oh, I tried to install wordpress using Fantastico and i got an error saying that I needed more memory.