TLD Transfer

iamryo

Hi All,

I just signed up for hosting and am waiting for the process to complete, but I anticipate problems as the domain I own is currently hosted by Microsoft Office Live. I've never transfered a domain and am not sure of the process. Does anyone have experience with this? Can you give me some pointers or point me to a thread that might help?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

I've clearly screwed something up. I can't get to my domain through Microsoft Office Live any longer and when I try to sign into HelioHost, I get an error:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.heliohost.org:2082

This is the first time I've ever moved a domain and would appreciate any insight available.

Thanks,

Ryan

I might be wrong, but it looks like you are using MelbourneIT for your domain name.

If that is the case, go here.

Then change the nameservers to heliohost's nameservers.

If you have any questions, post back here.

Thanks. I finally figured out how to access my nameserver settings and change them. But... I still can't login to either HelioHost or ryanpclark.com/cpanel

I understand it may still take a while for cpanel, but I don't get why I can't login to HelioHost.