Love

"Love" is the most devious and malignant emotion man can ever experience. It is not static as we'd like to believe, it ebbs and flows but always down stream until eventually it trickles into it's little pool of hate. There it sits and ferments until indifference slowly covers it's stagnant waters like a stinking, scummy film.

I know this empirically. The subject itself can only be verified in this way and I've done the research. I'm completely satisfied and dare I say happy knowing this. The notion of love is destructive and binding.

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not love, it profiteth me nothing.

Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Love never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:1

The only true love (as far as eternal) is the love you have for your children. The love I was referring to was the love between a man and a woman. Which is never eternal. That kind of love is first based on lust, then it is based solely on familiarity. That kind is not actual love and can never be eternal nor unconditional. The definition of that love is; being able to stand the sight of your partner for the rest of your life.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess love between two human beings is always materialistic. I think your thought are a bit too much, but generally love if based on lust is bound to fail. I believe that true love is between God & man. This is because God gives & man takes. There is no exchange of stuff. God loves man yet we cannot give him anything. Such one sided love, inspires within man the desire to love God :)

"Say: O My slaves (mankind) who have been prodigal to their own hurt! Despair not of the mercy of Allah, Who forgives all sins. Lo! He is the Forgiving, the Merciful..." (Qur'an 39:53-58)

God loves man yet we cannot give him anything. Such one sided love, inspires within man the desire to love God :)

We're objects of God's love. Now to be an object of love, what does the giver expect in return? Love, and that's why He made the human race. Angels couldn't respond, and so He made the human race with that indwelling attribute of will to either respond to His love or to reject it.