[Solved] My suggestion: more ads

flyinghigh

Advertisements Poll  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I signed up for HelioHost not too long ago. I have to say this is one of the best free web hosting sites around. Thanks to everyone involved for making this site what it is.

I'm sure many users know this already, HelioHost has a problems with the servers going down too often or the user sites loading up too slowly.

I suggests HelioHost put more ads on the forums, its main page, and the user control panel. That way, more money can be earned. Some of that money can then be used to upgrade the servers or whatever else is needed to make this site even better.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, and glad your having a pleasant experience with HelioHost :D

Actually, we already have advertisements in all of these places. :)

- Forums: If you look right at the top underneath the HelioNet above the Intentional Grammar Warning we have some Google AdSense ads.

- Main page: On the home page we advertise our server colocation providers next to the HelioHost logo at the top and a Google AdSense ad on the sidebar of each page not forgetting an AdSense ad in between each paragraph on detail pages.

- Control Panel: When logged into the control panel, there is a Google AdSense ad underneath the cPanel logo at the top of the page.

I'll say it again, if you guys have more than 50,000 monthly page views ...

Use buysellads.com ... You could really make a profit :)

Also use in post ads ...

Like in between two posts their be an ad. If you need any help ... I'm always here :)

Also try using intext adverts like infolinks :)

You could also make a toolbar from conduit.com to increase income :) Perhaps give 50 Mb extra for downloaders :)

I'm sure no one will object to extra ads if they mean more uptime :)

Just wanted to point out also that Heliohost/Helionet is already making more money than we are spending on paying for hosting/electricity/bandwidth etc. All that extra money has to be spent back into this project because I'm pretty sure djbob's intention is not to get rich off heliohost, but rather to set up a sort of self sustaining system that makes enough money to keep itself going. Obviously, I can't speak for his true intentions, but that is just the impression I've gotten based on my own observation.

The more money we make the more money we have to spend buying new servers, etc and setting all that stuff up takes a lot of time and energy from djbob. I know in the past heliohost encouraged it's users to host ads to help generate revenue for the hosting, but since this system started turning a profit that all faded away into history. Plus the more servers and hardware we get the more problems that could happen and the more things that could break. It's always a good idea in a business or a non-profit organization not to grow faster than you can maintain. Some companies grow faster than they can maintain and then end up crashing harder than they can prevent.

Plus, am I the only one that thinks an overabundance of ads are really tacky?