Religion

stu

What's your religion  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I did realized... most of the members in this forum are non-religious...

you may refer to the previous post discussing beginning of the world, religious or science stuffs..

What gets me really pissed is that there is never an option for more than one religion. The "other" options is great, like if you believe in Confucianism or something, but I'm someone who believes in more than one religion. So far, it's only Hinduism and Jewish religions. I do believe in many others too as I keep getting to learn more about them.

I don't think anyone is ever one religion, it's mostly all just beliefs and like the Democratic and Republican parties, both have its flaws and strong points.

More than one religion?

In Chinese people believes (I think many others too)

You won't be blessed by Gods but will be doomed forever.

More than one religion?

In Chinese people believes (I think many others too)

You won't be blessed by Gods but will be doomed forever.

Well u just like many others don't understand....

I don't believe in "many Gods" and will not be doomed forever. I know that there is one great spirit and in history, no doubt many religions formed out of it. But in reality, it's just one. Just like in Hinduism or Buddhism, there's many Gods, but can be strongly supported as being Monotheistic as it's really just one whole reality with the many Gods just being helpers of others and so the list goes on to the many other Gods.

I really see no wrong in believing in more than one religion. In a way, I just believe in many beliefs, and ignore any that obviously make no right sense. By the way, I'm 15 so it's either that or no religion at all so don't complain. I am a Hindu though on my Dad's side, and a Jew on my Mom's side. If you got something wrong with that well then that's not my problem.

Oooopps, you're special then.

What I mean is morally you're wrong.

If you ask your dad (if he is strongly religious), he will disallow you to do so.

As I know Hindus are all strongly religious.

By the way, there're many religions hereby today, but according to most books,

there're only 3 main religions, and others are formed from either one of them.

Jews, Islams, Paganism.

(Correct me if there's mistake.)

Oooopps, you're special then.

What I mean is morally you're wrong.

If you ask your dad (if he is strongly religious), he will disallow you to do so.

As I know Hindus are all strongly religious.

By the way, there're many religions hereby today, but according to most books,

there're only 3 main religions, and others are formed from either one of them.

Jews, Islams, Paganism.

(Correct me if there's mistake.)

I'm really chuckling every time I reply to one of your comments...sorry if I sounded rude just now but anyways,

yea my Dad says I will get "confused" since religions are different and I should follow one religion, bla bla bla. Yea sure he can believe that but I'm not confused at all simply it's what you think is right. For example, I don't eat beef cause I'm a Hindu. The Jewish religion doesn't care if you eat beef or not, so great but I will still not eat it cause well I've grown up believing eating beef is bad and if I get a choice, my answer is no. Now other religions even tell you, you have to eat beef. Do I see something wrong with that? Yes, and so I will continue to not eat beef. No religion should ever tell you to do something, unless it's for your own good and I will probably take on many Hindu beliefs (it also makes a lot of sense).

But look at it this way, I will be mostly Hindu, but never true to any one religion and barely even religious. My Dad makes me go to temples sometimes, and we used to have people come over for bible studies, so I believe in lots of stuff about Hinduism and Jewish/Catholic. Mostly, religion is just laws that help you behave for a better life, and sometimes is just beliefs which if are strong enough get you something holy or something..yes that was a joke.

So yep, I'll never be this super religious guy that does everything right, but hey I won't be the guy that says they don't believe in anything and feel like they're on top of the world.

I really don't wanna argue whether you can do more than one religion, that's silly. Get the point?

P.S. - hope you read all that! I don't wanna repeat myself :lol:

Hmmm.. I (myself)never saying that getting into religions more than one is wrong.

Agreed with you that religion is just laws / guidance that helps you get into the right path.

It's just spiritual believe that you hold onto.

What I'm pointing out in previous posts is that common people couldn't accept more than one religion.

That's my point.

OK argues ended.

• 3 weeks later...

You can justify what I've said from Wikipedia.

I've read this from a book which is "unknown" to me now,

and I match the resources from Wikipedia, and they're exactly the same.

Paganism is the third major religion.

(Maybe just simply referring other religions by Paganism)

• 2 weeks later...
What gets me really pissed is that there is never an option for more than one religion. The "other" options is great, like if you believe in Confucianism or something, but I'm someone who believes in more than one religion. So far, it's only Hinduism and Jewish religions. I do believe in many others too as I keep getting to learn more about them.

I don't think anyone is ever one religion, it's mostly all just beliefs and like the Democratic and Republican parties, both have its flaws and strong points.

You make a valid point, seeing as some of the Eastern religions condone (and even promote) belief in other religions.