[Solved] SSL installation

lisanet

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you own a Dedicated IP? It is required for SSL and cost $12 per year

Uh, no. To whom do I pay the $12 for this? What does 'dedicated IP' mean exactly? When I get one what else can I do with it? Also, how much is it to purchase a domain name with you and what ones do you have?

To whom do I pay the $12 for this?

Send $12 via Paypal to ashoat@gmail.com, then post back here after you have done that.

What does 'dedicated IP' mean exactly?

http://tinyurl.com/3elkfhh

When I get one what else can I do with it?

Nothing much. The only reason you would need one would be for SSL.

Also, how much is it to purchase a domain name with you and what ones do you have?

We are an exclusively free host. The only reason that you have to pay for this is that our parent host is charging us for it; we don't profit from your money. In other words, we don't, and never will see anything, including domains. If you want a paid domain, see godaddy.

To whom do I pay the $12 for this?

Send $12 via Paypal to ashoat@gmail.com, then post back here after you have done that.

What does 'dedicated IP' mean exactly?

http://tinyurl.com/3elkfhh

When I get one what else can I do with it?

Nothing much. The only reason you would need one would be for SSL.

Also, how much is it to purchase a domain name with you and what ones do you have?

We are an exclusively free host. The only reason that you have to pay for this is that our parent host is charging us for it; we don't profit from your money. In other words, we don't, and never will see anything, including domains. If you want a paid domain, see godaddy.

Thank you for your answers. $ sent. What happens now?

Our root administrator, djbob (Ashoat) will be able to give you a dedicated IP. ;)

Escalating...

Cool. But I guess what I was really wondering is what is supposed to happen when he is done? Will I be able to see my site (cause its just a blank page now) or will I have to reinstall the php coin or will you just post it here or will I get an email (or sparkles, maybe a little puff of colored smoke...). Also, when will he be finished and I see all (some of) this? Not to rush anybody, enjoy your weekend, just want to know.

When he is done, you will be able to use SSL on your site. If you are having other problems with your site, like seeing a blank page, giving you a dedicated IP will NOT fix those problems. You will need to open a different thread in Customer Service to address those problems.

Hey guys... make sure to send the payments to admin@heliohost.org from now on. I'm trying to separate HelioHost and my personal finances to make it easier to get non-profit certifications.

lisanet: okay, I've granted you a dedicated IP address. It should become active in the next 24 hours.

Hey guys... make sure to send the payments to admin@heliohost.org from now on. I'm trying to separate HelioHost and my personal finances to make it easier to get non-profit certifications.

lisanet: okay, I've granted you a dedicated IP address. It should become active in the next 24 hours.

Hi, thank you for hooking me up DJBob. I did see the changes to my account and I pressed the installation button. Then I reinstalled the php coin. I got this error message:

<Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to 2lisanet.com.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

* The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

* Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.>

I was getting this message before, so I guess this now brings me back to my original question, like, what's wrong and what does that message mean? But mostly, how do I fix it? :unsure: