[Solved] SSL installation

lisanet

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, the problem was you needed to actually activate SSL on your site (via "Activate SSL on your site"). Looks like everything is working now, can you please confirm? You will need to reset your password via cPanel to login, because I reset your password to login to your cPanel.

Okay, the problem was you needed to actually activate SSL on your site (via "Activate SSL on your site"). Looks like everything is working now, can you please confirm? You will need to reset your password via cPanel to login, because I reset your password to login to your cPanel.

Okay, first thanks for your effort. I feel obligated to say that I write this sincerely since nothing is working yet and I found myself unable to reset my password. And I did activate the SSL and the cert. was even showing but I was still getting nothing. When I tried to reset my password I got this message:

Auth token mismatch: please make sure you copied the full url from the email and that you have used the same browser session you started the process in.

After one or two, I couldn't get anymore emails resent to reset the password.

Still have the phpcoin installed so if you want to know if things are working, just browse to my site address 2lisanet.com. If you still see a blank page the problem is not fixed.

@lisanet Did you ever fix your problem?

No. I am getting the same error message I wrote you about a week ago. (What does this mean?):

An error occurred during a connection to 2lisanet.com.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

I also cannot get to my email accounts unless I log into my main account. Tedious. Can you really fix all this or not? If not, can I get my 12 dollars back? Every post to this board either says the problem is fixed or that I am doing something wrong, without addressing that error message. I uninstalled the phpcoin and tried something else. I got the same error message so it is not the software at fault either.

No. I am getting the same error message I wrote you about a week ago. (What does this mean?):

I'm not; this is what I'm seeing:

I also cannot get to my email accounts unless I log into my main account. Tedious.

Why don't you just use a free service like google apps?

Can you really fix all this or not?

Yes, if you'll just be patient.

If not, can I get my 12 dollars back?

Your $12 has been sent to these people.

Every post to this board either says the problem is fixed or that I am doing something wrong, without addressing that error message.

That's because I thought the problem really was fixed. If you had posted a screenshot or something, or told me that it wasn't fixed, I would have known.

I uninstalled the phpcoin and tried something else. I got the same error message so it is not the software at fault either.

Well, actually phpcoin wasn't working, but you couldn't see it because of that error message.

I really would like to help you fix this problem, if you'll just be patient with me, I'll get this fixed.

BTW, will you post a screenshot of the page?

I'm not; this is what I'm seeing:

I also cannot get to my email accounts unless I log into my main account. Tedious.

Why don't you just use a free service like google apps?

Can you really fix all this or not?

Yes, if you'll just be patient.

If not, can I get my 12 dollars back?

Your $12 has been sent to these people.

Every post to this board either says the problem is fixed or that I am doing something wrong, without addressing that error message.

That's because I thought the problem really was fixed. If you had posted a screenshot or something, or told me that it wasn't fixed, I would have known.

I uninstalled the phpcoin and tried something else. I got the same error message so it is not the software at fault either.

Well, actually phpcoin wasn't working, but you couldn't see it because of that error message.

I really would like to help you fix this problem, if you'll just be patient with me, I'll get this fixed.

BTW, will you post a screenshot of the page?

I can be patient if you can really help. I've been pretty patient already haven't I? My question was not about impatience. The pages were fixed like you are showing after my last post. But my mail page is still showing the same as the index page instead of bringing up a login window.

Also,

-why are you suggesting I use Google apps? I actually like your email better than Google. Does this mean your email isn't working and you can't fix it? Also, I have already invested my time and money here. I would prefer not to have to start over if I don't have to. But I can face reality- hence my question.

- osCommerce doesn't work either. It did before, so what has changed? I got the same error message. I have the feeling that if I install something else I will get that same error message. So, which software works? This seems to me to be some kind of interface problem and not the software. I do not know how to post a screenshot but I copied the error message exactly as it was written. What's the difference? If you browse to the site you would see exactly what I saw. Why would you not do this? In order to see if you have fixed the problem, wouldn't you just browse to the site to see if it was working or showing up correctly? Anyway, it seems nobody is going to explain that error message but I really think this is the clue to the trouble.

The pages were fixed like you are showing after my last post.

Good. Then we're making progress.

-why are you suggesting I use Google apps? I actually like your email better than Google. Does this mean your email isn't working and you can't fix it? Also, I have already invested my time and money here. I would prefer not to have to start over if I don't have to. But I can face reality- hence my question.

Google apps will reduce load on our sever, so that's why I was suggesting you use it.

But my mail page is still showing the same as the index page instead of bringing up a login window.

Are you using roundcube?

- osCommerce doesn't work either. It did before, so what has changed? I got the same error message. I have the feeling that if I install something else I will get that same error message. So, which software works? This seems to me to be some kind of interface problem and not the software. I do not know how to post a screenshot but I copied the error message exactly as it was written. What's the difference? If you browse to the site you would see exactly what I saw. Why would you not do this? In order to see if you have fixed the problem, wouldn't you just browse to the site to see if it was working or showing up correctly? Anyway, it seems nobody is going to explain that error message but I really think this is the clue to the trouble.

Try clearing your cache, your browser might be caching the pages. The errors are completely unrelated, so I can't imagine why it would be doing that.

The pages were fixed like you are showing after my last post.

Good. Then we're making progress.

Google apps will reduce load on our sever, so that's why I was suggesting you use it.

But my mail page is still showing the same as the index page instead of bringing up a login window.

Are you using roundcube?

Try clearing your cache, your browser might be caching the pages. The errors are completely unrelated, so I can't imagine why it would be doing that.

Are you getting a login window when you browse to mail.2lisanet .com? Am I supposed to have Roundcube? When I had an account before, it had Roundcube but this time it doesn't. I actually prefer Hoarde for my personal account and the Squirrilmail for administrative ones. Does it make a difference? The mail shows up no matter which you login to. Anyway let me know about that login window.

Okay. So I checked this myself and went to a different computer where the cache is turned off. There is still no login window coming up for email. It still goes to the index page.

I found this too when I checked the SSL on my site:

SSL Checker

This SSL Checker will help you diagnose problems with your SSL certificate installation. You can verify the SSL certificate on your web server to make sure it is correctly installed, valid, trusted and doesn't give any errors to any of your users. To use the SSL Checker, simply enter your server's hostname (must be public) in the box below and click the Check SSL button. If you need an SSL certificate, check out the SSL Wizard.

The SSL Checker makes it easy to verify your SSL certificates by connecting to your server and displaying the results of the SSL connection including what SSL certificate is installed and whether it gives out the correct intermediate certificates.

My results were:

2lisanet.com resolves to 64.71.156.100

Server Type: Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_mono/2.6.3 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_wsgi/3.3 Python/2.7.1

No SSL certificates were found on 2lisanet.com. Make sure that the name resolves to the correct server and that the SSL port (default is 443) is open on your server's firewall.

Are you getting a login window when you browse to mail.2lisanet .com? Am I supposed to have Roundcube? When I had an account before, it had Roundcube but this time it doesn't. I actually prefer Hoarde for my personal account and the Squirrilmail for administrative ones. Does it make a difference? The mail shows up no matter which you login to. Anyway let me know about that login window.

Okay, I understand what you want now. We don't have roundcube installed on mail.* domains, but you can install it yourself. Just go to roundcube.com, and download it. Then, unzip it to one of your subdomains and follow the instructions.

Unh huh. And installing Roundcube is going to give me a login window for Hoarde email and install my SSL? Is that what you're saying? Why does SSL show as installed in my account yet its not installed? THIS is the reason for the error message. Somehow I know you will not be answering these questions or fixing this problem. Who are you people, really?...

Unh huh. And installing Roundcube is going to give me a login window for Hoarde email and install my SSL?

No, installing roundcube will give you a login window for roundcube. If you want hoarde, you'll have to install that also. Your SSL is already installed, you just have to prefix your URLs with https://.

Why does SSL show as installed in my account yet its not installed?

It is installed. I don't know why you think it's not.

I know you will not be answering these questions or fixing this problem.

I will answer your questions, and the problem is already fixed.

Who are you people, really?...

We are a group of computer science experts who spend some of our free time on heliohost. To my knowledge, we're the only truly free host on the web. Every other "free" host has some kind of buisiness incentive behind it (Ex: 000webhost -> hosting24).

Thank you thank you for finally fixing the SSL. It seems to be working and checking fine now. As for my mail page, the problem is not any need to download a program I already have and use daily. The problem is what I have said: The mail page comes up the same as the index page. Go ahead. Browse to it and see what you see. I know I need to move the mail folder but I don't know where the right place is to put it.