[Solved] SSL installation

lisanet

First, I would recommend that you use this .htaccess code:

RewriteEngine On 
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} 80 
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://2lisanet.com/$1 [R,L]

Basically, this redirects all HTTP urls to https urls.

The problem is what I have said: The mail page comes up the same as the index page. Go ahead. Browse to it and see what you see. I know I need to move the mail folder but I don't know where the right place is to put it.

Sorry I haven't been explaining this clearly enough. You are seeing your index page when you browse to mail.2lisanet.com because there is no VirtualHost record for mail.*. In other words, we have not installed hoard on our server for load reasons; you will need to install it yourself. Now, since you still have not figured out how to install it on your account, I will go ahead and install it for you.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I've installed roundcube on http://roundcube.2lisanet.com/. I was unable to install horde, because it required root access. You will need to reset your password before you can login to cPanel.

Thank you, but I like Roundcube the least of the three choices. BUT i think this is what you are telling me: I need that login window and having the Roundcube installed on your server will give it to me. I can still use the other mail programs as usual because logging in will still always give me the three choices. Right? If not, then what is root access and how do you get it?

Also, I have a vague idea what a hta access file is. I've seen one laying around in file manager somewhere. I was unable to look though because the password reset feature does not work on my account.

If not, then what is root access and how do you get it?

Root access is access to the "root" account; eg. you can do anything on our server. Obviously, we can't give you that for security reasons. I'll look into getting horde onto your account without root access, but it's the hardest of the three to install.

I was unable to look though because the password reset feature does not work on my account.

Likely, you have entered an invalid email. I'll PM you a new password.

If not, then what is root access and how do you get it?

Root access is access to the "root" account; eg. you can do anything on our server. Obviously, we can't give you that for security reasons. I'll look into getting horde onto your account without root access, but it's the hardest of the three to install.

I was unable to look though because the password reset feature does not work on my account.

Likely, you have entered an invalid email. I'll PM you a new password.

Thanks for getting the Hoarde going. Just to let you know, with my level of knowledge, your servers would be just as safe if I had root access as not. . Sure, I dream about that stuff when I'm like watching Garcia on Criminal Minds or something. And I understand about the security thing but the actual idea really tickled me. Security risk? I'd be right back on this board still asking you what to do.

Anyway, to answer my other question, installing Hoarde will not fix the mail page. I think the folder is in the wrong place but where should it be?

Anyway, to answer my other question, installing Hoarde will not fix the mail page. I think the folder is in the wrong place but where should it be?

You won't be able to access mail.2lisanet.com, because that domain is reserved by cPanel. You will need to instead install your email on roundcube.2lisanet.com. The "mail" folder contains your raw email messages, it does NOT contain the program to access them. Obviously, some hosts have been able to redirect mail.2lisanet.com to their mail program, but we have this disabled because it creates an unnecessary link to cPanel. I don't see the difference between using mail.2lisanet.com and roundcube.2lisanet.com, besides the name. If this is so important, I can manually remove mail.2lisanet.com so that you can install horde on mail.2lisanet.com, but I don't see any reason to do that.

You won't be able to access mail.2lisanet.com, because that domain is reserved by cPanel. You will need to instead install your email on roundcube.2lisanet.com. The "mail" folder contains your raw email messages, it does NOT contain the program to access them. Obviously, some hosts have been able to redirect mail.2lisanet.com to their mail program, but we have this disabled because it creates an unnecessary link to cPanel. I don't see the difference between using mail.2lisanet.com and roundcube.2lisanet.com, besides the name. If this is so important, I can manually remove mail.2lisanet.com so that you can install horde on mail.2lisanet.com, but I don't see any reason to do that.

Okay all that what you just said is so confusing. All I want is for me and my email users to be able to access webmail and I want Hoarde to do it with. I had this domain before and an account with you and it was like that. What happened? I still don't understand how I am using this program when you say I have to install it. Worst of all, none of this explains why mail.2lisanet.com brings up my index page or how I can change that. Also, this is dragging on kind of long. I really need to start making some money from this site and I can't until this is fixed. You need to tell me if you can really fix this or not.

I am so sorry, I have made this too complicated and confusing. Please clear your cache, then visit http://mail.2lisanet.com/. Hopefully, you will be redirected to your webmail.

I was! Thank you thank you! But now I'm not getting my mail. What happened there? And where is my mail going? I noticed I log straight into Hoarde now which is cool but does that mean it's installed? If so, then where did the mail go? Can you fix this too? Meanwhile I'm going to find that hta access file and put that code in. What will I see different when I do this?

I was! Thank you thank you! But now I'm not getting my mail.

That's a separate support request.

I noticed I log straight into Hoarde now which is cool but does that mean it's installed?

I just edited your htaccess file to redirect you to cPanel's horde.

Meanwhile I'm going to find that hta access file and put that code in. What will I see different when I do this?

I already did that for you, what it did is redirected the http:// urls to https:// urls.