Ad Hosting!

Ashoat

HelioHost is now offering no-post-required-except-one-time-10-posts-but-you-have-ads hosting (lol). That means... well, you won't have to post monthly for the hosting, but you will have ads that aren't your own on it. This plan offers all that the posting one does, but...

- Will be terminated if you are inactive for thirty days

- Will be terminated if no web BW used for thirty days (IE, just for webspace)

- Will be terminated if ads not present for seven days

In order to get this plan, however, you MUST already have 10 posts on these forums. This requirement will be gone once we find a way to automate this... then we'll also add this plan to the main heliohost.org site.

If you want to register for this kind of hosting, simply POST HERE me, with the following info:

...a. Your email

...b. Domain or Subdomain? (DOMAIN MUST ALREADY BE REGISTERED IF CHOSEN)

...c. If domain is chosen, the domain name

...d. If subdomain is chosen, the subdomain name.

I will reply to you with the script required to added for the ads. Remember, you only have seven days to add the ad script, preferably ASAP!

Also, anyone have any idea how we can automate this?

well, sry, lemme clarify: you dont have to post monthly. or at all, until teh 10. Its a way to verify that you indeed are a valid webhosting-wanter person i want. we are currently looking into automating the signup process, and that will remove the need for the mandatory 10-posts first requirement thing.

Hmmmm... I like the idea. I can do that, sure. I'll give you 100mb more space and 1gb more bw if you add ads to your site, but keep posting... sounds good.

but i really need to get this thing automated, to make it so ads AUTOMATICALLY appear on some sites. I NEED A WHM ADDON!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I could help :P After all, I'm the Official PHP Dude lol.

Can we work another deal out here if I do this one? Contact me on AIM if you are interested.

-eTronicGaming

I doubt you could help. This isn't a PHP thing, its an Apache/.htaccess thing. I don't think PHP could auto-place ads. But if you have a way, I'd be glad to make a deal!

Yah. I think the PHP is working fine, just the .htaccess part is messing up. Look, I'll give you... say... 2000 Helions if you get this tortilla wrap thing working and show me how.