List Of Free Domain Providers

i7Grendel

it saddens me to see this forum is a lot more quiet than 2 years ago when I still visited this forum daily.

That's actually kind of funny. Since this is primarily a support forum, the amount of traffic it receives is based mostly on how many people are having problems with their hosting account. Sure there are people from time to time that just want a place to chat and may not even have a hosting account or people who spam post a bunch to get their free domain, but mostly it's just users who have a problem and once that problem is resolved they don't post again. If people create their hosting account and never have a single problem with it they may not realize that this forum even exists because they never had to go searching for help with anything.

A good analogy to understand this would be if Heliohost were a car company. Then it would be like saying, "It saddens me that no one ever takes their Heliohost cars to the mechanic."

We actually have more active accounts than ever, and as a company we're still quite profitable. Our reviews are much better in my opinion than they were two years ago. Stevie signups, which are set much higher than they were two years ago, fill up every single day, and sometimes just in a couple hours.

Anyways, maybe you really are sad because no one is having problems with their hosting accounts, but if you meant that you are sad that Heliohost may be dying as I suspect, then you needn't worry. We're doing fine, and our biggest decision at this point is what we should spend our money on next.

Also, thanks for maintaining this list. :)/>

• Like 2

You make a fair point, Krydos. I was of course not referring to the amount of complaints about HelioHost but more to the activity of the community as a whole. Back then, there were many active topics (multiple new posts every day) about various interesting topics, generally not directly related to HelioHost. That seems to be largely gone now.

With the free hosting market having changed so much in the last few years (mostly due to the influence of low cost reseller offers polluting the market with all very similar service), I'm quite surprised HelioHost is doing so well.

• 2 months later...

Get free domains.

No surveys and no ads on user domains

We are giving away unlimited domains(99 to start per user, more on request.)

Its as simple as signing up and registering your domain.

Domains:

.0rg.li

.usi.li(coming soon)

go to nic.0rg.li to register your .0rg.li

note to admins:

• 5 months later...

I currently love the EU.ORG domains. Registering them is horribly painstaking, but it is reliable, NOT blocked in Google and of course, free.

What do I have to write here in .eu.org? Thanks

Technical information

Fill Name1...NameX and IP1...IPX respectively with the fully qualified domain names and (only if necessary) the IPv4 or IPv6 addresses for your domain servers; put the primary at the top of the list. Please provide at least two nameservers. You don't need to fill all lines. IP addresses are only needed when the domain names for the servers are within the requested domain.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I am using dot tk which I think it is good :-)

It's decent as long as your site doesn't generate a lot of traffic and you don't need anything fancy.

As soon as you generate enough traffic to be worth something (or don't get enough...they have a minimum that's published), they point your domain to ad sites that serve malware, phishing/scams, etc. (try this domain that I lost, reopen it a few times to see what kind of crap is offered, you'll see tech support scams, fake flash updates, and survey junk at least), then try to extort money from you to get your domain back...happened to me and quite a few others on here. No customer support of any kind either. Same company as .cf and .ml.

I spent the $20 for a proper .com for 2 years instead when I lost my .tk. It was the best $20 I've spent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...