79 replies to this topic

#76 rajdis

rajdis

Rank II Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:43 AM

Anyone used nic.eu.org to register domain. I cannot understand their nameserver portion. Anyone explain please..

server_load_s.gifserver_load_j.gif  server_load_t.gif

server_uptime_s.gifserver_uptime_j.gifserver_uptime_t.gif

#77 rmurthy

rmurthy

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:54 PM

Anyone used nic.eu.org to register domain. I cannot understand their nameserver portion. Anyone explain please..

I have used eu.org some time back. At that time, it was necessary to have name servers configured for the domain prior to making a domain request. However, they seem to be allowing registration without pre-configured domain servers now.

In order to use these domains with HelioHost, you should use the Check for correctness of server names option as you might not be able to configure the name servers in Cpanel without actually pointing the domain to HelioHost name servers.

#78 wolstech

wolstech

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 9,364 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 05:07 PM

I have used eu.org some time back. At that time, it was necessary to have name servers configured for the domain prior to making a domain request. However, they seem to be allowing registration without pre-configured domain servers now.

Good to know they did away with that. The practice was nonstandard and was incompatible with just about every cpanel-based host out there, which is probably why they changed.

Now if only registro.br would do this...(they're the one we usually hear about when this issue comes up).

Please do not PM me for support. Posting on our forums lets all of us learn.

Do you play Minecraft? | Server Monitors | And the Dumbass of the Decade award goes to...

#79 deanhills

deanhills

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:48 PM

I know there are quite a number of people who don't like Freenom as they got burnt when Freenom took back their domains, but for me Freenom is the easiest and from a DNS point of view also the most efficient free domain providers there is.  I've been using them from dot.tk days and also when through the period just before Freenom took over - or at the time they were taking over - when there were bots sent out to check out whether the domains were following the rules and domains were cancelled left right center.  I haven't had that happening to me in a very long time.  For me I only use the free domains for sites that don't attract a lot of traffic and some of my sites I've had for 10 years.  For my more popular and serious sites I get a paid domain, but for quickie sites Freenom has always served me well.

#80 Uranoscopus46

Uranoscopus46

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Wakeboard, Fly fish, Working on Cars, Bike, Longboard

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:39 AM

Checkout r.gd - offering not only free domains (which are also very short) but also free hosted DNS, nameservers and forwarding service. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users