List Of Free Domain Providers

i7Grendel

Anyone used nic.eu.org to register domain. I cannot understand their nameserver portion. Anyone explain please..

I have used eu.org some time back. At that time, it was necessary to have name servers configured for the domain prior to making a domain request. However, they seem to be allowing registration without pre-configured domain servers now.

In order to use these domains with HelioHost, you should use the Check for correctness of server names option as you might not be able to configure the name servers in Cpanel without actually pointing the domain to HelioHost name servers.

• Like 1

Anyone used nic.eu.org to register domain. I cannot understand their nameserver portion. Anyone explain please..

I have used eu.org some time back. At that time, it was necessary to have name servers configured for the domain prior to making a domain request. However, they seem to be allowing registration without pre-configured domain servers now.

Good to know they did away with that. The practice was nonstandard and was incompatible with just about every cpanel-based host out there, which is probably why they changed.

Now if only registro.br would do this...(they're the one we usually hear about when this issue comes up).

• 3 months later...

I know there are quite a number of people who don't like Freenom as they got burnt when Freenom took back their domains, but for me Freenom is the easiest and from a DNS point of view also the most efficient free domain providers there is.  I've been using them from dot.tk days and also when through the period just before Freenom took over - or at the time they were taking over - when there were bots sent out to check out whether the domains were following the rules and domains were cancelled left right center.  I haven't had that happening to me in a very long time.  For me I only use the free domains for sites that don't attract a lot of traffic and some of my sites I've had for 10 years.  For my more popular and serious sites I get a paid domain, but for quickie sites Freenom has always served me well.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

As long as i have experienced, there is not a free domain provider that can last for years or be secure. The only option we have is to ask heliohost if they can have a variant so we can choose a shorter domain name related to helio host, because is the only option we may have.

• 4 months later...

The "Free Available Domains" seems to be dead.

About eu.org, anyone knows if it still work?

I mean, it is online and its registration page is there and all, but I made a registry request and got no answer at all (whether approving or refusing it).

Yes. It is still working. But if you setup 2FA for your account, you should be careful. If you ever loss access to your code generator there is no way you gain your access back to your eu.org account.

Dot.tk got bought by freenom years ago. Those two are the same thing. Biz.ly and Biz.nf are not really free domains either...they're freemium web hosts giving away subdomains like we do with heliohost.org. You can't get just a domain from them and change its NS records to use it with our services. You have to use it with their (rather outdated and crippled) hosting service.

• 1 year later...

I recently appeared here. I also recommend EU.org because of my long experience.
EU.org will register in a few hours if you're lucky, but at worst it's a few months later.
Some web services also reject EU.org, but of course it would be appropriate to use it on HelioHost.
You can also use Cloudflare on EU.org. The rate limit for Let's Encrypt is the same as for ICANN domains.

Freenom now overreacts to free domains and has wiped out successfully operating domains and accounts.
Yes, I was one of those who experienced it. So I really don't recommend this use. You will experience it someday.
Freenom's old service  "dotTK" was great. dotTK sent a letter to me in Japan. I can't see him at that time anymore.
Unfortunately, recent Google still has search results that have been abused in the Freenom domain.
I can register for a fee from a reseller, but I'm getting a better paid domain.

@balloonsBe aware that eu.org is on our list of unsupported providers. Their domains will only work if used as your main domain, they are not supported as an alias or an addon domain because their name server setup requirements do not comply with industry standards.

Other unsupported TLDs I'm aware of include (but are probably not limited to) .pp.ua and .br, both for the same reason as eu.org.

As for freenom, they're rather well known for extortion attempts. Krydos and I have both lost numerous domains from Freenom. Once the domain becomes popular, they cancel the domain and replace the content with ads (which in my experience often served malware...) to extort you into paying for it to get it back. If you wait them out and re-register the domain after that, they have been known to just flag your account as abuse instead. Best thing I ever did with my sites was ditch the free domain providers.

• Like 1

Is this the problem with EU.org?

If so, there should be a workaround in the name server settings. I will investigate it.
I know it's a refusal due to cPanel's mechanics (Not HelioHost management level),
so I'm looking for some hints from cPanel.