Website Competition Voting

jje

Which website is the winner of the competition.  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 weeks later...

This topic is still unlocked so I guess you're still taking votes.

The first site is bare bones now and says "under construction".

The second site has good, meaningful content and gets a message across.

The third I really didn't stay on very long. It looked like a copy and paste script for a gamers blog. Those have been recycled since the 90's.

Would have been nice to have clickable links. Just a thought.

I'm not judging anyone or coming down on hacking. I have done a little hacking myself but I am a little concerned about so many threads on hacking with this being a professional hosting company. Should there be so many?

I'm not judging anyone or coming down on hacking. I have done a little hacking myself but I am a little concerned about so many threads on hacking with this being a professional hosting company. Should there be so many?

We cannot be responsible for the content posted on the forums. We are not going to censor or delete any content due to personal opinions. However, we can assure you that our moderators and admins have no affiliation with any security engineering group, and have not started any of these topics.

The best defense against getting your website or computer hacked is understanding vulnerabilities enough to avoid making those mistakes yourself.

If someone is ignorant enough to leave their front door unlocked, then sees a forum post about how people wander around checking front doors to see if any are unlocked, and decides to start locking their front door from then on is that a bad thing? Knowledge is power.

However, if someone comes along not just presenting good information, but making plans to attack a certain website or anything else illegal the post will be swiftly deleted.

Glad you don't delete or censor differing opinions. I am not trying to start conflict but just discuss and contribute to the conversations. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

It's always better to know how the enemy attacks. It'll depend on what your site does. If it's a simple blog or forum, You probably don't have much to worry about. If you scripted up a lot of it yourself, Then you'll want to read up on the common vulnerabilities.

On topic:

Is there a chance we'll have another competition?

Or some place i can ask for feedback on my system?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...