Modding tHe XbOx

wee

My question is is it worth it to mod the xbox? Ive heard that Halo 2 logs the BIOS Checksum and caches it somewhere and sends it to XBL the next time you play online and you will get banned if you ever played halo 2 on an unoriginal bios. since my only intrest besides saving games to the HDD is to mod Halo2 is it worth it? I would like to keep my XBL gt. I know what your thinkin:just get a second xbox. 1, im poor 2, Code Name Xenon comes out later this year. I will save up to get 2. One for modding one for XBL.

My question is is it worth it to mod the xbox? Ive heard that Halo 2 logs the BIOS Checksum and caches it somewhere and sends it to XBL the next time you play online and you will get banned if you ever played halo 2 on an unoriginal bios. since my only intrest besides saving games to the HDD is to mod Halo2 is it worth it? I would like to keep my XBL gt. I know what your thinkin:just get a second xbox. 1, im poor 2, Code Name Xenon comes out later this year. I will save up to get 2. One for modding one for XBL.

it's actually easy to get around it, you have this switch that you mod into it, and when you turn it on, you can use the mod, turn it off, the mod is disabled, and you can play on XBL.

i know about turning off a chip but what about the game halo 2 it caches the BIOS checksum and submits it to Live! the next time you play online even with the original BIOS running. basically try and play halo 2 on a modded xbox and do live there is a good chance you will get banned

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
i wanted to mod halo and found that if you have a comp on the same network as your xbox you can mod without opening it up. there is some program that i forgot but search google and dont connect to live while the mod is running.

Quit necromancing/double posting.

Also, I'm pretty sure there's a policy somewhere that forbids you to talk about this on this forum.