[Solved] [SOLVED] Dedicated Ip Address [Amount Paid]

DmC

I've just send the money (12$) through paypal to admin@heliohost.org for a dedicated IP address.

Details for the account are included in the paypal message.

Do i have to do anything else?

Best Regards,

You can edit the DNS records via cPanel "advanced dns zone editor." If it isn't there, you won't be able to edit it.

This is impossible because PTR records (reverse DNS) can only be added by by owner of the IP block (in this case djbob).

I just want to make my dedicated IP resolve to the domain associated.

DmC is right, but I'd have to request PTR delegation via CNAME redirects since the size of the block it too small for a direct delegation (same thing we do for 65.19.143.2... dig -x to see). Basically this means I'd have to bother the upstream provider. DmC: is there a particular reason you want the PTR record?

DmC is right, but I'd have to request PTR delegation via CNAME redirects since the size of the block it too small for a direct delegation (same thing we do for 65.19.143.2... dig -x to see). Basically this means I'd have to bother the upstream provider. DmC: is there a particular reason you want the PTR record?

Nothing major.

But as you can't do it by yourself with 2-3 clicks don't even bother. It's fine as it is B)

Thanks for the interest though :)