Finances

npl

Hey,

I was a member at ATBhost.net before it shut down. It was very similar to HelioNet, except it looks like you guys got your act together here. It had the whole free hosting and forum thing like HelioNet. It was pretty good. Only problem was it's finances were in shambles and I think it shut down because of that. I don't want this to happen here, I like it here.

So my idea is make the finances transparent. Let us see a balance sheet and income statement so we know the state of the host. And if necessary we can raise money or something. To me this only makes sense. This host appears to be like a co-op. It is run and supported by members. It might as well be financially supported by the members if they can do so.

Tell me what you guys think.

Anyway can any of the administrators tell how much of bandwidth is consumed by the 2 servers of the heliohost not for any thing, i just asked to see how much of data is transferred from the servers.

and which isp provides the connection too.

I have access to view some of the finances and can agree that there seems to be no threat of Heliohost shutting down due to lack of funds. If you feel compelled to show your gratitude for our service through a monetary contribution there is a donate button on the homepage of heliohost.org.

I don't know exactly how to tell you how much bandwidth we use because we offer unlimited bandwidth. Which means that we don't even track how much bandwidth each account uses. Perhaps the ISP monitors how much bandwidth we use and it's on the monthly bill or something, but I wouldn't know. Anyways, taking the average data transfer per second and multiplying it out it looks like:

Stevie: 808,583 mb/month

Johnny: 722,516 mb/month

Keep in mind those numbers are just apache, not cpanel, ftp, etc and they are a really rough estimate based on some numbers that I could find.

Which ISP we use should be fairly easy to determine yourself

8    81 ms    78 ms    77 ms  Hurrican-Electric-LLC.Port-channel100.ar3.SJC2.gblx.net [64.214.174.246]
 9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
10    79 ms    77 ms    79 ms  lafrance-internet-services.gigabitethernet3-15.core1.fmt1.he.net [66.220.10.126]
11    87 ms    73 ms    76 ms  cody.heliohost.org [64.62.211.132]

• Like 2

That is a quiet a large amount of data that is transferred , it is close to 800 GB on Stevie , i think it must be a fast internet connection .

can you tell how much approximately does the internet connection cost and the speed said by ISP.

i think i will be more that 500$ in my country (india).Since my connection costs 12$ a month with just a speed of 600Kbps (75KBps) (unlimited data).

Any way thank you sir for replying to my question

i just asked to just check how much data a server takes.

i think i will be more that 500$ in my country (india).Since my connection costs 12$ a month with just a speed of 600Kbps (75KBps) (unlimited data).

Thats a bit expensive - I'm from Pakistan and a 1mbps connection costs around 10 $ ( Unlimited data )

• Like 1