Requesting Adjustment

lisanet

Hi again.

I am writing about the ht passwd protection. It is working really good. But now, I installed a template for my store. This has changed the admin file and consequently the login arrangement. Now I can't login to the store admin. As the way you had it, you did it so well I had a heck of a time figuring out the problem. I had to give the template people my login so they could try to help and they couldn't get in either. Can you fix this and do that again? I am sorry to have to ask again but the first thing osCommerce tells you to do is set this ht passwd protection. This should only be done after any customization so as to avoid having to reset the password again. Not knowing this, here I am. Sorry. But can you reset my passwords and fix the admin to my store?

Also my http urls are not showing the change to https in my browser. I was going to try to fix this using your directions but I wasn't sure what file to go into. Its never the one I think it is so I thought it best to just leave things alone and ask you.

No problem. Thank you but one more thing. The template should be showing and it is not. I don't understand this because when I put the file in the directory like the instructions said, it changed my admin. The template people wanted ftp access so I set up the account and they said the directory was empty when they logged into it. Then they had said they had no ftp access with the main account's login. I couldn't get ftp access either but I thought it was because of my ancient os. It didn't occur to me anything was wrong with the ftp access until these people couldn't get in. Can you look into this?

:wub: Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh! I don't believe it! You installed my template OMG! You are truely wonderful. Thank you so much. As for the ftp, I guess its what I thought: my ancient os. Now that you have solved my most pressing problem, I can turn my attention to getting upgraded. I'll try again when that's done and if I still can't get access I'll get back to you with any details.

I am so glad to be done with the template people and would like to assure that as they have my login. Can I pm you a new ht password for the store?