Xbox 360 W/ Kinect Or Nintendo Wii

xwinuser

Xbox 360 w/ Kinect or Nintendo Wii  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am thinking about buying one of these for my "kids" for Christmas. I am a PC gaming guy and I really despise the Wii but my kids seem to like it. I think I would prefer the Xbox 360 Kinect but wanted to see what you guys think.

Who already has one of these? What are your thoughts?

I also dislike the idea of having to interact so much with my game, heh. It sounds good in theory but I am too old and lazy to let a game run me ragged. Wii fit?!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I got the 360 with Kinect. Much better action games. The kids like Guitar Hero type stuff of the wii but xbox has the Hero series too.

Ok I got this Xbox 360 for my kids for Christmas but I let them go ahead and open it. They have had a blast. No controller needed. This Kinect sensor uses a laser like a in bar code scanner (from what I can tell). Much more accurate than infrared. The sensor actually moves and measures the empty space on the floor. It tells you if you have "good" space, around 6 feet, which is best for single player or if you have "better" space, around 8 - 10 feet which is better for two player. Then it has the user(s) stand in front and it scans them. It picks up on everything! Even when one of my kids scratched his nose or when I was playing while holding a soda in my hand. The characters did the same thing as us.

At the same time it has a regular digital camera built into the sensor that takes pics of you acting a fool in the game. The kids were doing this one river rafting game and it took snap shots to show them at the end of the ride like at Disney and other amusement parks.

There was a racing game that allows you to paint your car (not unusual) but you can hold up something in front of the sensor and it will paint the car the color of the object you are holding. Sweet!

I just have to get some more games for it. Something I can play.

This may not be new to some of you guys but I am an old PC gamer and this blows me away. Sorry for the nerdgasm.

• 3 months later...

I have not gotten much use out of the Xbox yet. I am a long time PC gamer and the console controller is so foreign to me right now. I play action games (First Person Shooters) almost exclusively and the keyboard is so much better for that. I am going to have to breakdown and get Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 for my 360 though and just tough it out.

• 3 weeks later...