Stevie Down!

pjar

Hey Stevie has been completely down since midnight PST. I forgot to backup my files so I'm really worried. How long will the downtime take? What's going wrong? And is it perhaps possible to send me my website files in an other way to enable me to continue working on my site while the server is down?

Thanks in advance, hope to hear soon!

I hope the solution for Stevie is not to put some of Stevie's accounts on Johnny. :)

From what I have seen that would make both servers unstable instead of balancing out the load and helping both servers.

Okay, it has been down all day today now. What's wrong with Stevie?

Maybe, as xwinuser has said, adding another server or something would really help. But I know that won't happen, but if it was possible that would probably really balance out everything. Also how much sites are hosted on Stevie? It seems like a lot to be down so much. :mellow:

Hopefully it will be fixed soon. I probably could have gotten loads of stuff done today on my PHP application that I'm making if it wasn't down. Good luck guys on getting Stevie back up and running. :)

Nah. The staff got Johnny to take some load off from Stevie. So... technically speaking, there´s already another server to help Stevie and get some load balance. I rather say Stevie is an old soldier just wishing to make his way back home. By home I mean some nice and quiet shelf, away from gigabit connections or AC plugs. Maybe we can collect some bucks and get her a companion Mac with fine lines so he can enjoy his retirement.

• Like 1

If Stevie is down again, I'm gone. I'm tired of regularly seeing my site down when i need it for class. I'll be buying cheap hosting with another company very shortly. I'm generally very grateful for Heliohost's dedication to a free service, but if you're going to make a statement, stick to it. Stevie is down every week and Heliohost is not able to prevent that happening. Thanks for the ride.

• Like 1

Well its still only my guess but if Bad Wolf is right and they have put some of Stevie's accounts on Johnny then that is the reason why I cannot reach my site on Johnny!

Which means I was right but I don't want to be right, I want my site up and running.

Okay that's good about not swapping accounts. As for the site being up. Yes it is now. That was an hour and 48 minutes ago. You how the server goes up and down. Not complaining, just saying. You know. :) Glad it's up. Hopefully Stevie will be up soon. What is going on with it?

Keeping us (customers) informed keeps us happy. B) Thanks!

xwinuser We are not putting any more accounts on johnny, and your site appears to be fine.