Newbie To Wordpress Has Question About Changing Themes

My WordPress admin site says I should live a little and try more themes. When you change a theme does it pull all the info (posts, comments, stats, etc.) from the database you created with the account and post those to the new theme or do you just start over completely?

I would not see the point and actually think it would be crazy to swap themes on a regular basis if you had to rebuild your site each time.

If the info does carry over then I will be excited about this option as I would love to try out some of the neat looking themes posted in this forum and elsewhere. Please advise.

*This is a conversational post. Please do not close it as [resolved] when someone answers. I want to discuss options. Thanks.

www.360DegreeNetworking.com

I perused the site for various topics but did not see that one. I should have looked harder I guess. Thanks for the quick reply!

Time to change themes!

360 Degree Networking

Themes in WP control the way it looks like and the way it is handled, you probably need to re-organize the look of your blog if you change the theme, but in all cases your data will be intact, so don't worry about them.

Of course you can return to your original theme getting back the look that you already done before.

Hope this adds some information to the previous answer.

Regards,

All of your data is preserved, you may have a problem with the widgets. Some of the themes do not support widgets in the sidebar. There are tutorials out there to add widgets to a theme if you happen to find a theme that you like that does not suport widgets. Change out your themes, hack them a bit until you find something you absolutely love. That is one of the main benefits of using wordpress over a lot of the other CMS's out there.

• Like 1