Mysql Errors

Kli

There was a bug in my PHP software where it was not always closing a mysql connection.

I have fixed this bug, but I still get errors accessing the mysql database from php:

PHP Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /home1/HelioUserName/public_html/db.php on line 24

Is there any way I can reset the error (or restart my web site or restart my database) to avoid getting this error?

What server are you on? What is your username, because HelioUserName doesn't exist and I'm guessing you edited it out for security?

If the answer to the first question is stevie, then that error is probably because a user was maliciously abusing mysql to cause high load and errors. That account has been suspended and the load and mysql connections should return to normal.

Is the error still occuring?

Sorry for the late reply (I'm over in Europe).

Yes, I'm still getting this error periodically (5-Dec 09:35 GMT).

Sometimes, when I'm using phpMyAdmin, I also sometimes get "#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)".

It looks like that mysql is still not stable?

I'm on Stevie and I'm getting this error too. Also when I try to open phpMyAdmin, I am getting the error that Kli is getting:

Sometimes, when I'm using phpMyAdmin, I also sometimes get "#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)".

I have been receiving the "could not connect" error myself all morning. Then it switched to this:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/iceitsup/public_html/Service/online-appointment.php on line 2

Could not connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Thanks!

Please don't blame clients for a major system problem. If the system was configured properly and the C-Panel was also working properly the system could handle these issues.

But what I see is an ongoing issue and something you can't hide.

Just take note of the issues and inform all clients that the MySQL system is not working properly and you cannot begin to know how to repair it.

Try hiring a professional to set your house in order before you blame others.

The first thing in every B to C relationship is to tell the client that you apologize. Not blame another client. Tell them the truth about the long standing issues and that it's impossible to guarantee anything at all because HelioHost is not properly staffed and under funded.

So now what? I know you will not be honest... just compound the lies like a long forum thread.

You should ask your self.... WWHKD?

Meaning, WHAT WOULD HELLO KITTY DO? Translated to the real meaning.... these morons don't have a clue what to do, just like what Hello Kitty would know what to do.

Just because HelioHost says it's FREE is not a true statement. All it's clients are paying dearly for trusting these fools.

Really Dumb and Dumber Hosting would be more correct. They should face reality and tell people what is happening instead they play the blame game and lie about what they can't resolve.

From what I see, McDonalds would not hire these guys over a downs syndrome applicant.

They rather have the forum neat and clean rather than their business... Where is their priorities?

A lot of Hillbilly mumbling.

Looks to me you are running a scam. With all your subdomains; "win free ipad", "lottery" and so on.. I lol'ed.

My site is also running on stevie, and it was down to, but now it's up and running.

Take a chill-pill.

• Like 1

I got a different error today when logging on to my web site:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@memoryweb.heliohost.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

But the error log on the Control Panel contains only one line that says that it couldn't find a 500.shtml file!

Any idea when the server problems are going to be fixed?