Windows 8 Beta Will Be Out In February

Pasarel

The beta version of Windows 8 will be out in late February next year, even if Microsoft first said we'll be able to download it from early January.

After the developer preview, which did not impress me, I guess this will be a big update, or at least that's how it should be. Of course, there will be a long way from beta release to final release, but Microsoft should definitely change many aspects, like adding back the start menu, having applications opened in just one interface and others.

So, what do you think? Will 8 be a big step, will it "change everything" like Microsoft said, or will it be just a fail?

Although I really have not liked the metro UI and no start menu (I hacked the registry to get it back) I will try the beta. has to be better than developers preview.

That might make it bearable but I don't want cell phone type apps on my computer. It's just not right. heh

I think the beta's success will heavily rely on how good the metro apps get by then.Microsoft is doing all it can to get people interested.They're even organizing a contest @ https://buildwindowscontest.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Windows 8 was developed more to lean on mobile and tablets, I can hardly imagine it being more convenient for the desktop users or such but I think their will be a way to remove the metro and continue using it as a regular desktop, I can hardly imagine it but I don't look forward to upgrading as though Windows 7 fits the best with me and works like a charm.

But I believe their will be better performance for graphics, gaming, and device support in the future with Windows 8.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bro Hassan Developer version is free any one can download that from microsoft's website.

you can google that.

What difference is there between the developer version and retail version ? Is there a developer version for older Windows as well ?

• 1 month later...

What difference is there between the developer version and retail version ? Is there a developer version for older Windows as well ?

Lol! May be you ask microsoft. (over here in Nigeria, we don't care to purchase a software from the manufacturer, just walk into the market and pick a burnt software disk- finish)