[Answered] Deploying .war File, Java Application

alduhoo

Hi, I want to deploy a jsp/servlet application, I´ve already have jsp working on my account but don´t know how to deploy my application I developed using netbeans. Generally I just copy the .war file generated and tomcat deploys the application, but I don´t know how to do that here, or can anyone help me in deploying my application from netbeans to the server? thanks

While it is possible to deploy WAR files on HelioHost, it would require additional configuration by the administrators. Instead, I would recommend you use the following command to unzip the WAR file:

jar -xvf webApplicationfilename.war

Then, upload the contents of the webApplicationfilename folder to your public_html folder. Of course, the folder name will be different depending on what the name of your WAR file is.

• Like 1

While it is possible to deploy WAR files on HelioHost, it would require additional configuration by the administrators. Instead, I would recommend you use the following command to unzip the WAR file:

jar -xvf webApplicationfilename.war

Then, upload the contents of the webApplicationfilename folder to your public_html folder. Of course, the folder name will be different depending on what the name of your WAR file is.

Excellent, will try it later today, thanks for the quick response :D

cheers

• 2 months later...

Dear admins,

Figuring out how to deploy a war to my Johnny account turned out a bit more difficult then I expected.

I believe my Johnny account was 'Java activated' some time ago, although I cannot seem to find my 'Java Request' topic back. Is this because those topics are cleaned up after some time or did I not actually get Java activated on my account? I could post a 'Java Request' topic, but I do not want to cause problems if it is already activated...

My final purpose is to be able to deploy (home brewed) WAR files to my public_html folder, but this old thread (only found via Google Cache) seems to suggest that requires some 'extra' configuration? http://webcache.goog...lient=firefox-a

Please tell me what to do: post (possibly another) 'Java Request' or can I assume it should be working and try to find the problem somewhere else?

Hope hearing from you, thanks!

Cheers,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

To get things moving I requested java (here http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/12050-request-for-java-pjvleeuw ), because it might have been on on a previous account which expired...

If anyone has WAR files successfully working: could you please explain to me how/where to upload my WAR file (lets say 'example.war' containing '/index.jsp') and with what URL to access it. E.g. should I put example.war in public_html and would the URL than be <my.domain>/example/index.jsp ?

I find it hard to verify my setup when I am not sure what is expected where and such...

Cheers!

• 7 months later...

I have uploaded my Wep application developed using JSP and servlets. I created war file and uploaded in public diectory but it is not running and and asking users to download that war file.

I extracted my war file and uploaded whole wep application structure on heliohost but still it runs only JSP . Related Servlets and Java class files are not being identified. I got following Error:

Not Found

The requested URL /calculatorServer was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_mono/2.6.3 mod_jk/1.2.35 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_wsgi/3.4 Python/2.4.3 Server at prayas.heliohost.org Port 80

Please help me about this.

Recheck that everything was uploaded correctly and not broken. Aside from that I've no advice to give, I'm on Stevie and have no Java knowledge, so I don't know the first thing about servlets or JSPs, sorry.

Perhaps try asking around on stackoverflow or other programming sites for further assistance.