Constant Down-Times / Server Unreachable

jschudel

Hello there.

For some unexplained reason, the server (Johnny) is not reachable for periods of 1 to 5 mins. This occurs quite frequently, like every 5 to 20 mins. Sometimes I can work for an hour without interruption.

Why is that? Can this issue be resolved?

I am in Australia.

Server: Johhny

URL: freegrace.heliohost.org

User: jschudel

Thank you

Rarely, I get the 500-page. Mostly, the browser just states that the URL is not reachable, and suggests to reload. Just now, I worked on it without any major interruption for about 1 hour, But just in the last 10 mins I had 2 occasions where I needed to wait for the server (connection?) to become reachable again. Either events resolved themselves within 2 mins.

Just for your information, if you didn't spot it while registering: what you describe - intermittent problems - is unfortunatelly expected and considered as "normal" behaviour of the server Johnny.

As per "sign up" page:

http://www.heliohost.org/home/signup

(...) Please note that this server is highly unstable. Please do not complain about outages or downtime if you have signed up for this server. (...)

I admit, BOTH Stevie and Johnny have some downtimes... but since my account is on Johnny, I can tell you for sure it really lags for 2-10 minutes per every hour or so and sometimes it is down. I think heliohost's #1 priority should be improving uptime as it would be a more reputable and better webhost!

I admit, BOTH Stevie and Johnny have some downtimes... but since my account is on Johnny, I can tell you for sure it really lags for 2-10 minutes per every hour or so and sometimes it is down. I think heliohost's #1 priority should be improving uptime as it would be a more reputable and better webhost!

HelioHost is run by a team of volunteers led by two college kids. We're funded out of djbob's pocket (and some ad revenue) and what hardware resources we have are already overloaded. We'll get right on that. ;)