What's Best?

Languages  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What would be the best language to design an entire MMO guild website in? Features would include a (secure) login system through an SQL database; forums; interactive calendar; member roster; etc. I have the most experience with HTML & Javascript but I'm not sure if I can make the entire site in HTML, otherwise I would've certainly gone with that. So can I get some opinions and/or tips?

Ok.

if you are making the website on helio host server i recommend PHP since only Johnny support ASP which is not a stable server so you can use PHP and make it on Stevie.

No objection in making in ASP but the servers doesn't seem good .

• 2 weeks later...

If you have no PHP skills/experience, I recommend using a prefab Forum software. You can still use your HTML / CSS / JS skills to design neat pages and other functions, but you won't need to learn a new language.. If you want to see which forum software is available and what looks best to you, I recommend checking out http://www.forum-software.org/.

Making a static-page website with Wordpress is fine. Making a community website with Wordpress with forums, calendars, Private Messages, etc. is a lot harder because there is no decent community software out of the box. Most forum software packages (phpBB, Vanilla) have bridges for Wordpress, but they are always rather... flimsy. PHP-Fusion is my personal favorite with a forum, PM system, photogallery, and more.

i think drupal is best since it has an active community like helionet and many modules for forums and other stuffs.

you need to know some basic stuffs about drupal and css to make you own theam, which you can get from lynda[dot]com at 4-5$ a month or just check a torrent.