Help!

you can over write the index.php file in the root directory with your own index file.

i think you need to change the front page of wordpress, to do that just make a post and delete the defaulat one.

if you have installed the wordpress manually it will not appear in Softaculous.

You can create it yourself.

I've never used wordpress or the sort before but i can tell you how to make a simple index.php

And index.php file is just another PHP file. The only difference is that it's the file invoked if you don't specify a filename after a path

your.domain.com will actually go to your.domain.com/index.php

You make one the same way you would make a normal webpage, Just name it index.php ( change the extension according to the type of file )

So if you saved this:

<html>
<head>
<title>My index page</title>
</head>
<body>
<?php
echo 'Welcome to my site. You are currently viewing it from the IP ' ,  $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] ;
?>
</body>
</html>

as index.php and uploaded it to your public html folder, You'd get a page saying

Welcome to my site. You are currently viewing it from the IP 123.123.123.123

You could make it with any text editor, and you can even use the Text Editor you find in the File Manager in cPanel. Then you need to create a file called index.php and save it in the public_html folder. Then your site will show it when you visit the address, asuming you don't have another index file (like index.html or index.htm). Have you looked for any tutorials on how to begin a website? You seems to be rather new to it.

did but when i created it the index.php apears on the list like chat or forums and not at the main page of my site :( and i looked and there's nothing for the index!!

I FOUND IT! But still, there's problem, can i add images to that simple text editor? but anyway i use wordpress, so thanks for helping everyone!

if you are using word press then you need to read the doc from the word press website to know how to insert images and other stuffs.

any way have a good experience in the world of web site, thank you for joining us.

wish you a happy hosting.

There's one more thing it seems, for example i have: www.(site).heliohost.com, i registered wordpress and it goes to other page but it's part of my own i mean this www. (site).heliohost.com/wp/

and it's good, no problem, but can i use wordpress to make posts and in my main site or can anyone tell me a good index editor and how to upload the index that i made?

There's one more thing it seems, for example i have: www.(site).heliohost.com, i registered wordpress and it goes to other page but it's part of my own i mean this www. (site).heliohost.com/wp/

You've installed WP in a directory. If you want it to be the front page then install it in the Root directory.

• Like 1

from the softaculous? oh dude....................................JUST TELL ME, HOW CAN I PUT MY WORDPRESS BLOG AS MY MAIN PAGE OF MY SITE?

I GO TO SOFTACULOUS AND SELECT WORDPRESS AND I LEAVE MY DIRECTORY BLANK SO TI WILL BE IN MY MAIN PAGE WWW.(SITE),HELIOHOST.ORG! AND THIS MESSAGE APEARS, WHAT I HAVE TO DO?!!?!?!?!!!?

The following errors were found :

• Installation cannot proceed because the following files already exist in the target folder :
    • .htaccess

Please delete these files or choose another folder.OR

Select the checkbox to overwrite all files and continue

Werer you can clean up all the files from your public_html then remove the data base if needed.

then go to softaculous and select the word press and leave the directory box empty that will install it in the root directory.