Easy To Moan But To My Surprise!

stgeorge

Apart from this over javascripted, Ajax Forum, (there you go I start with a moan), I am pleasantly surprised.

Since joining HelioHost back in 22 Sep 2009 I have tried to put a website in the Stevie Server, only to take it off again within a week.

However for the past month I have had a site on Stevie with very few problems, so whilst I am the first to jump in and complain I thought it right to actually complement HelioHost on the service this past month.

Not only has the page load improved drastically, but the uptime has been good also.

So well done! and without trying to sound too patronizing, I hope this level of service can be maintained.

I just hope that I have not put the Kibosh on the service :unsure:

Posted in Customer Service as; where else should it be posted?

lol tried to post and got a server error, then frequently get re-directed to the RSS feed.

Get rid of this board please, it really is lousy scripting.

Apart from this over javascripted, Ajax Forum, (there you go I start with a moan), I am pleasantly surprised.

lol tried to post and got a server error, then frequently get re-directed to the RSS feed.

Get rid of this board please, it really is lousy scripting.

'Lousy' is putting it nicely I think. IPB v3.x is by far the worst board software I've ever used. I absolutely despise it. I belong to three other sites running it. One is in the process of going back to 2.x (which was actually decent). The second switched to SMF after the users complained enough. The third hasn't done anything yet.

The abuse of AJAX is absurd, it spits server errors or gives me the RSS feed half the time, and doesn't fully work in IE and Chrome (or any browser that's not FF for that matter). When it does work, it's awkard and annoying to use (mainly due to the AJAX)

I definitely agree that HH needs to get rid of this garbage board software and use something else.

As for HH's hosting services, I've been loving it. Since the uptime issues were fixed, I haven't had a single complaint.