Php Error

Hello everyone, I'm moving here from a previous host because I need a host that ALSO offers remote MySQL connections for my Minecraft servers, I moved ALL of my MySQL file, but the config.php, I generated a new one from this link http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/rebuilding-your-configphp-file/

But I get this error when importing the file:

Error
There seems to be an error in your SQL query. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem
ERROR: Unknown Punctuation String @ 1
STR: <?
SQL: <?php
// phpBB 3.0.x auto-generated configuration file
// Do not change anything in this file!
$dbms = 'mysql';
SQL query:
<?php // phpBB 3.0.x auto-generated configuration file // Do not change anything in this file! $dbms = 'mysql';
MySQL said:
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '<?php
// phpBB 3.0.x auto-generated configuration file
// Do not change anythi' at line 1

I noticed it said unknown puncuation at string 1 so I redid the config and made sure there was NOTHING infront of the PHP Starter and there wasn't, I'm not sure what's wrong, and my main PHP scripter is busy.

I am very new to PHP I just learned it this morning, so try and dumb it down as best as possible if you could, thanks (:

So what I see is wrong with the SQL string:

Put the mysql_query() inside the PHP opening and closing tags (<?php and ?>)

Do not put opening and closing tags inside the mysql string, use example: "user='$username'" and not "user='<?php echo $user; ?>'"

Otherwise check that the versions are the same for the config file and the rest of the script that you moved. I am pretty sure that you can use the same config file as you did in your last host, just change the variables.

Hope this helps. :)

I'm a bit new to managing websites so i don't really know much about importing stuff so can i ask you what you're trying to do?

Are you running a PHPBB forum?

The config.php that your link helps you make is for PHPBB forums.

I don't think you need to 'import' the config.php file into mysql. Most systems use the config.php file to save the users configuration ( as the name would suggest ) and get that into their scripts using an include.

The file just sits there and is included everytime a PHPBB forum script runs.

As for remote mysql, You'll have to enable that in Cpanel if you haven't done that yet ( Not that it has anything to do with the problem at hand )

I'm a bit new to managing websites so i don't really know much about importing stuff so can i ask you what you're trying to do?

Are you running a PHPBB forum?

The config.php that your link helps you make is for PHPBB forums.

I don't think you need to 'import' the config.php file into mysql. Most systems use the config.php file to save the users configuration ( as the name would suggest ) and get that into their scripts using an include.

The file just sits there and is included everytime a PHPBB forum script runs.

As for remote mysql, You'll have to enable that in Cpanel if you haven't done that yet ( Not that it has anything to do with the problem at hand )

Thank you for your help, yes I am running a PHPBB forum, I managed to get everything loaded into the public_html file, but I am still getting a mysql error this is it:

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
Access denied for user 'database'@'localhost' (using password: YES) [1045]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

I censored my database.

As for remote mysql, how does it work, I specify the IP to allow, but what port do I put into the config file for my plugin? I can list the things required for the config if necessary,

So what I see is wrong with the SQL string:

Put the mysql_query() inside the PHP opening and closing tags (<?php and ?>)

Do not put opening and closing tags inside the mysql string, use example: "user='$username'" and not "user='<?php echo $user; ?>'"

Otherwise check that the versions are the same for the config file and the rest of the script that you moved. I am pretty sure that you can use the same config file as you did in your last host, just change the variables.

Hope this helps. :)

Thank you, I think I solved this error, if you look below I am having a new error.

UPDATE: I fixed the issue, but now I'm having ANOTHER issue, this is what it says NOW:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
Table 'database.phpbb_config' doesn't exist [1146]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

There is no config in the MySQL database, but when I upload the config to the database I get the above error, so I gzipped everything in my Public HTML file, and tried to upload that to a new database, that failed also.