[Answered] Moving Hosts

PhoenixCraft

Hello, I moved hosts from another host to move here because of better MySQL databases, with remote connection and I am transfering my files, i followed the guide on this site: http://www.phpbb.com...host-or-domain/ and I have all my files here, I just want to know how to get the domain to point to the forums, so that it actually works, any help is appreciated, thanks.

• Like 2

Forget that, I have it now, I moved my public_html file, but I I am getting this error:

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
Access denied for user 'darius69_darius'@'stevie.heliohost.org' (using password: YES) [1045]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

I'm not sure if I have the MySQL server right though.

The server is localhost, not stevie.heliohost.org

I still get the same error, now it says this"

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
Access denied for user 'database'@'localhost' (using password: YES) [1045]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

again I censored my database, but this time with databse

The server is localhost, not stevie.heliohost.org

I still get the same error, now it says this"

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
Access denied for user 'database'@'localhost' (using password: YES) [1045]

again I censored my database, but this time with databse

UPDATE: I fixed the issue, but now I'm having ANOTHER issue, this is what it says NOW:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
Table 'database.phpbb_config' doesn't exist [1146]

There is no config in the MySQL database, but when I upload the config to the database I get the above error, so I gzipped everything in my Public HTML file, and tried to upload that to a new database, that failed also.

so I gzipped everything in my Public HTML file, and tried to upload that to a new database, that failed also.

The contents of public_html do not go in the database.

The errors are because you never imported the database from your old host.

You need to export your database on your old host with phpmyadmin. Select the old database in phpmyadmin, then choose the Export tab. Options on that tab differ depending on the version of phpmyadmin, but you want a .sql file that includes both the structure and data (I think these are the default, so you should be able to just hit Go). The file will likely be quite large.

Then try importing the .sql file in phpmyadmin here (select the database, then import tab). If it's larger than 50MB, gzip it before importing it.