[Answered] Torrentflux And Exec()?

rinaldohack

i dont know if something like torrentflux allowed, but if it is not, sorry, i will delete it...

but i want to ask something...

i see some error when i using torrentflux ... something like exec() and shell_exec()?

what is it? and why it is error?

it says disabled for security...

why?

i want to ask can admin enable this function?

but if admin says no, i want to look for another way...

i have registered on http://www.byethost.com/ ... and no secure php...

but they dont have python and loadavg, so it is useless if i tried to install torrentflux...

but, i have some crazy idea...

can i use their php from heliohost? and how?

sorry for weird question and bad english :D

Shell exec is a PHP function through which you can execute shell commands.

I think the Shell is a part of the OS. So if you have shell access, You can do a lot with it.

That's why it's disabled

Even if it were possible to use byethost for PHP and helihost for everything else, Byethost ToS probably require you to have a website with a whole website that gets a few hits. They won't like you using them just for a few scripts.

exec() and shell_exec() are going to be disabled on free hosts because they are security risks. Also, many hosts ban torrent scripts due to resource usage and a frequent connection to piracy. I'd suspect torrent scripts are banned here but an admin can tell you for sure.

As for byethost...I used to use them myself a few years back before I moved here to HH. The extremely crippled configuration they provided back then caused trouble with most programs. Not sure if they've changed since I left. As for Byet's policies, IIRC, they do indeed require you have a functioning site with traffic there, and not just use them as a script farm.