[Solved] Dns Issue?

fletch

Hi, I haven't been able to access my site for most of today. I can access CPanel(from the heliohost main page only), and can remotely access MySQL, so I know the server is up and my account is good. The server monitor isn't showing anything catastrophic either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

address: fletch.heliohost.org

As far as I can see, at the moment there is a problem with the IP 216.218.192.170 being inaccessible at all (even for a ping). The server Stevie by itself seems to work fine, the other IPs, ie. 65.19.143.2, 65.19.143.3, 65.19.141.68 (Stevie has a lot of IPs pointed to it) are accessible and websites that are available on these IPs works fine.

If you'll do a traceroute to these IPs you'll most probably notice that this is a routing problem much before reaching the Stevie server.

As for the DNS issue... I can see such an issue for ie. Krydos' subdomain (different A records on ns1 and ns2), but not for mine or Byron's or for Ice IT Support's domain and few other that I have checked.

@ potatoboy2

You are right, if my monitor shows no information about server load that's mean it can not access my testing account on this server to get the informations about this server load.

As far as I can see, at the moment there is a problem with the IP 216.218.192.170 being inaccessible at all (even for a ping). The server Stevie by itself seems to work fine, the other IPs, ie. 65.19.143.2, 65.19.143.3, 65.19.141.68 (Stevie has a lot of IPs pointed to it) are accessible and websites that are available on these IPs works fine.

As for the DNS issue... I can see such an issue for ie. Krydos' subdomain (different A records on ns1 and ns2), but not for mine or Byron's or for Ice IT Support's domain and few other that I have checked.

Is it possible there was a change made to the apache config files?

I've just modified my previous post, it looks like it's a routing problem, access to this specific IP is blocked (at least from my side) much before the server itself. If I compare trace routes to two Stevie's IP, access to 216.218.192.170 stops when it should reach he.net (Hurricane Ellectric) network, so for me it looks like access to this IP has been simply blocked by this provider. (I may be wrong, of course.)

I also compared traceroute's... mine is getting stopped at a backbone router for my ISP (charter.net), 1 step before the he.net hop

Looks like it's working again for me. Is anyone else still having issues?