How To Setup Parked Domains

Hi there,

I have a website nielsterp.heliohost.org, and I own two domain names that I would like tu use here.

I have created two subdomains as public_html/domain_name1/ and public_html/domain_name2/, and I have "parked the two domains and redirected them to /domain_name1/ and /domain_name2/.

Now I wanted to create a "A" record for my two domains, but to create a "A" record I need an IP-address.

Wich address should I point my domains to ? I know that heliohosts nameservers is ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org - but I can only enter ONE IP-adress in my "A" record. Then I can make another "A" record, but not with the same domain name.

As I have understood DNS, a domain can only be pointed to one unique IP-address ? Where can I find the IP of my website ?

Hope somebody can help me making this work ! Thanks in advance !

If you've created sub-domains then you want to use Addon domains and not Parked domains and you don't need to use a redirect. Also use NS Records to point your domain to us:

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

Once you've done all of this, give it 24 hours to resolve.

Hi there,

I have a website nielsterp.heliohost.org, and I own two domain names that I would like tu use here.

I have created two subdomains as public_html/domain_name1/ and public_html/domain_name2/, and I have "parked the two domains and redirected them to /domain_name1/ and /domain_name2/.

Now I wanted to create a "A" record for my two domains, but to create a "A" record I need an IP-address.

Wich address should I point my domains to ? I know that heliohosts nameservers is ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org - but I can only enter ONE IP-adress in my "A" record. Then I can make another "A" record, but not with the same domain name.

As I have understood DNS, a domain can only be pointed to one unique IP-address ? Where can I find the IP of my website ?

Hope somebody can help me making this work ! Thanks in advance !

i'm not sure what are you planning with your redirect-domain !

if you wanna using A record, you can use this ip address on A Record in your domain-configuration/dns-tools (like freedns.org, not in cpanel):

>>> 216.218.192.170 <<< (stevie)

>>> 64.62.211.131 <<< (johnny) im not sure :P

you can see that on your cpanel stats info (see Shared ip address )!!