Any way there nothing wrong with the question, even i wondered what a data center is when i first heard it, but what u meant is noob.

Its not a server, but its connected with server, you can call data center as a place where servers are kept, the temperature and humidity are kept at optimum level, it even have backup generators in case of power filer, usually its run by some company. See an example

if you have a web server and you host websites in it, it need to online all the time for you and your users to access data, to make that possible on your own can cost you a lot as u require multiple hi speed internet connection and back-up power supplies etc, so you approach a company (data center company as web hosts), and you choose a plan which they offer like web hosting itself , and they will provide you with rack space to keep your machine and hi end security, most impotently internet and power which is maintained by the data center company, its their duty to make sure your machine gets internet and power, and you pay for them, which is very much lower that what it can cost if you did this at your home.

But the data center company is not responsible for the script or what you keep in the server.

Helio host keeps their server at hurricane electric data center in US. If you still did not get it contact me or post in http://forums.techstream.org its my web forum or helio net, both are same for me.

Datacenters have climate control and are capable of providing up to 1,000mbps connections to the servers. They also have huge and complicated electrical setups that keep the servers running regardless of electrical problems where the datacenter is located. Modern datacenters also have lots of high security measures such as access control, surveillance monitoring, etc.

Most companies do not own and operate their own datacenters, instead they look for a service called colocation. Colocation is the service that includes a place to store your server(s) along with different internet, on-site technician and electricity options. Colocation is priced based on rack space, electricity usage and internet connection. Applying for colocation services is easy, but you have to know exactly what you need first. An example of the information needed to apply for colocation may be found here: http://colocationonline.info/?Colocation_Services_Quote_Request_Form

I hope this makes more sense, if you have any more questions feel free to ask!