[Answered] New Account On "johnny" Server

comet

Hi Members,

I'm trying to sign-up for a new account on the "Johnny" server but an error message keeps coming back saying, "We're sorry, but an error was encountered during signup. Please try again later".

I checked the server status for "Johnny" and it is up and running ok (as of this writing). I've tried several times to sign-up with no luck. Any ideas what the hang-up could be?

Thanks for your time.

Hi Members,

I just read on Heliohost's home page that as of July 27, 2012, Cody is undergoing a major software upgrade that could affect new account sign-up. Please read the notice below. Thank you.

Starting on July 27th at about 15:00 UTC or 08:00 PDT, the Cody server will be undergoing some major software upgrades in order to increase stability of the entire Heliohost server cluster. Cody is the server that houses our homepage heliohost.org, our forums helionet.org, and our wiki wiki.helionet.org as well as one of our two nameservers, and the central account database.

While every attempt will be made to keep all services online during the upgrade, there will undoubtedly be higher load than usual and some service interruption may be inevitable. No user accounts will experience any downtime from this upgrade because user accounts aren't located on Cody, but new account creation may be temporarily suspended. If you normally login to your Heliohost account from our homepage it may be useful to know that you can also login athttp://stevie.heliohost.org:2082/ or http://johnny.heliohost.org:2082/ depending on which server your account is located on. Also, if the support forums are slow or down due to the maintenance keep in mind that support is always available on our live chat channel. If there are any volunteer admin available to help you they will be glad to.

Thanks for your patience during this major software upgrade.

For further information or discussion please visit our forum.

EDIT:

One account is allowed per user unless permission for a second is granted by an admin.