BitTorrant

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bittorrant is one of those things like kazaa. I'm not quite sure of the differences yet...

no...the difference is:

that's bittorrent, you use a server, and you have your clients help share the file, only shares the server's file that was shared.

remove the server. then that's kazaa/others, share ANYTHING on YOUR Computer. then you get the illegal things.

sometimes people put illegal things on servers and bittorrent them, but that's another story.

kazaa is a network.

bitorrent is server-client-client

The other main difference is that bittorrent isnt really a program in itself, its a protocol that can be used to download parts of the file from different computers simultaniously, and it uses a tracker server to know what computers currently are sharing or "seeding" the file. Bittorrent files can be used by a multitude of programs that all connect to the same network(s) unlike kazaa, morpheus, shareaza, filetopia, tesla, or w/e, that have their own network that can only be acessed by that program.

PLUS the bittorrent protocol wasnt originally designed for illigal filesharing, but for buisnesses to easily and quickly distribute files through their networks. it was just taken advantage of.

• 4 weeks later...

AHHH, I forgot to post shareaza here!!

Shareaza fully works with the BT protocol, as well as being a p2p program thing, that employs the use of three different networks, and has NO spyware, very new-user friendly and even more advanced-user friendly.

Shareaza is teh roxxors!! www.shareaza.com

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Which version are you using Limewire or Limewire pro? Limewire pro doesn't seem that much faster though so I would just advise you to use limewire (free version) and not waste your money purchasing a license for limewire pro.

And one more thing bit torrent (program) seems a bit slow so I use utorrent for downloading files via torrents. Utorrent rocks !!!

Which version are you using Limewire or Limewire pro? Limewire pro doesn't seem that much faster though so I would just advise you to use limewire (free version) and not waste your money purchasing a license for limewire pro.

And one more thing bit torrent (program) seems a bit slow so I use utorrent for downloading files via torrents. Utorrent rocks !!!

...utorrent is a bit torrent program.

Azureus is definitely the best. :) And the programs themselves aren't slow, the download speed may be slow depending on where you are...pakistan? Torrents are way better for downloading large files, because you can pick up right where you left it before. Also, theres a bit of peer evaluation, meaning that, if a file isn't good, people won't seed it and it probably won't be widely distributed.

And bit torrent is not illegal. If you download legal files.