Respond To An Unknown Function

spscwork

Hello,

I am trying to figure out a way to get a default function that is called if a function does not exist. For example

var foo = {
bar: function(){
 console.log("Bar was called")
},
unknown: function(){
 console.log("Unknown was called")
}
}
foo.bar(); // Should log "Bar was called"
foo.biz(); // Should log "Unknown was called"

Is there any way to do this cross browser, and if not then is there a way to do this in certain browsers?

Thank you

The trick is to create a script that searches for the function keyword which defines the, backtrack a bit to the start of the line to find the function's name (search after a "\n" and before ":") and have the function log an unknown function call was made when it finds no :, but does find \n. That's if you're asking for an anonymous function being called, if you're asking about a function that doesn't exist being called, do the above to parse the source file for functions and then append each found function name to an array. When a function call is made check the function called against this array before allowing the execution, I'm not sure where this would ever be needed, but that's the rough algorithm. I can make something in Ruby which can do these things but not in js since I'm a total newb at that.

Thank You,

Just so you know, I'm creating a HTML5 Canvas Library called Hotspots which allows the web developer to define a section of the canvas which is responsive to events and, unlike others that I have found, is responsive to canvas transformations. so you can rotate, scale, translate and skew the canvas and align the Hotspots easily.

Thank you again.