Search Engines

cdgr

Hope this is the correct section for this, as I have searched the web and got nowhere!

Problem is Google doesn't display the correct meta description or title. if I Google my web page e.g. centraldgr.com I get this:

Centraldgr.com

www.centraldgr.com/

Find Cash Advance, Debt Consolidation and more at Centraldgr.com. Get the best of Insurance or Free Credit Report, browse our section on Cell Phones or ..

Only Google seems to have this problem as both Yahoo and Bing give these returns:

Repairs and Fitting of Windows, Doors and Conservatories ...

Whatever your requirements Central DGR is the company to talk to. With over 20 years experience in this field companies, offices and private households rely on our ...centraldgr.com - Cached

Repairs and Fitting of Windows, Doors and Conservatories.- 100% ...

centraldgr.com

repairs to all double glazed windows, conservatories, doors locks, handles and fittings. no matter who fitted them.

Does anyone know what the problem with Google is?

Edited by Krydos
size=1 font is too hard to read

Some HTML tags considered by Search Engines to be indicative of relevancy aside from <meta> include title, header 1-header 6, emphasis, bold, and italics. While they might appear irrelevant to most people, the values in these tags give search engines a better understanding of the information presented on your page and it's general relevancy among search results. We often manipulate CSS to provide effects such as text resizing and formatting which makes our site look appealing to a reader, but we won't get many readers if we rely on CSS formatting because spiders aren't programmed to use CSS rules in calculations of information relevancy, they rely on pure HTML. A page's metadata is just a tiny part of SEO. Hope this helps some.

Turned out the problem was with Google, though they would never admit it. After asking the question on quite a few forums (Google based) the problem was sorted. I like Google as my home page as it's nice and clean with no clutter or crazy advertising. But they mess around too much with their spider engines.

@cdgr its hola man you have restricted Google bolt with NOFOLLOW tag

<meta name="robots" content="INDEX, NOFOLLOW" />

even though you allow google to index the page the NOFOLLOW prevents the bolt from taking contents like Meta TAGS, thought not all tags are used by Google, they currently use only the meta tags and robots no other tags expect TITLE are used due to abuse by users, especially the Keyword tags.