[Solved] 500 Internal Server Error

jugal

I am seeing this "500 Internal Server Error" page since a few day now. I recently added some addon domains and parked domain to my account, not if sure if misconfigured something. Also i had attempted to restore my jhonny backups on to stevie, can there be some conflicting config files (.htaccess, etc) in the home backup leading to this? If so, can someone point me to a tutorial on this? If someone can point me as to which logs needs to be observed to help me figure out the actual error would be of great help too.....

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@jugal.heliohost.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_wsgi/3.3 Python/2.7.1 Server at jugal.heliohost.org Port 80

domain: http://jugal.heliohost.org/

server: stevie

You had 6 imap processes running for some reason. I killed them all for you and the 500 error went away. How many different email clients do you have connecting to your domain, and do they all keep a constant connection open?

Thanks Krydos,

Unfortunately the 500 internal error is back again.

I have my email accounts linked into gmail, one phone client and another on outlook. But I have been having this setup since few months now, never faced a 500 error on Jhonny before. Can I kill the imap processes someway from the cPanel, can you tell me the email accounts causing the issue, I may turn them off if needed?

Yes the cache was clear, in fact it was a totally new machine that I tried on today, but it is working now :) I generally don't rely on my browser anyway, I use http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/ to test if the page is up or down and its contents

Hey it is down again :( I have not changed anything on my account since a few days now, still it comes up and goes down, so it definitely isn't some configuration that I may have done wrong. So it can be something to do with the imap clients (but still is 6 clients too much?) or something else that has gone missed?

Can someone please look into the issue, and let me know if there is anything needed to be done at my end.

Thanks,

Jugal.

still is 6 clients too much?

Nope, now it's 8 imap processes. The reason it was coming and going was probably because I killed your processes several times since you first posted about it to see if the first time was just a fluke or something. It's obviously not. I use imap on stevie too and I have it set to update pretty much constantly, and I'm sure a lot of other people do too without any issues like this. I have no idea how you have your client(s) set up, but there's definitely something odd going on.

There's only 6 again now, but maybe this will help you.

imapd /home/jugal/mail/jugal.me/subscribe
imapd /home/jugal/mail/jugal.me/i
imapd /home/jugal/mail/jugal.me/mail
imapd /home/jugal/mail/thakkarpharmastation.com/mail

The [solved] flag is just there so that Heliohost staff can tell at a glance that there is nothing left to figure out or fix in this thread. We know what was causing the errors. We know how to fix it so the errors go away. What else is there that needs solving?

I can't have my clients turned off forever right? If starting the client again causes the problem what should be done still needs to be figured out. Keeping the client off forever is not the solution. I have used this same client with same configuration on johnny since 6 months, all i did was update the IMAP and SMTP server address (from johnny.heliohost.org to stevie.heliohost.org) i did not change any other configuration at all.

You could try starting a client a day and see which one ends up breaking everything, then just check that client's configurations and go from there.

EDIT:By how many seconds were our posts apart krydos lol.

I use imap with my email accounts on Stevie and my account has the exact same server settings as yours, but I only ever have 1 maybe 2 processes. Thousands of other accounts on Stevie use imap everyday and they don't have 6-8 imap processes constantly open either. This all leads me to believe that there is something about your client, your settings, or your ISP that is causing problems but not that thrre is anything wrong with the server.

lol posts 1 seconds apart !!! You guys are crazy ;)

For now I have turned off the client, switched to only a POP3 sync via gmail. Will try this for a few days, but may need to switch back to using IMAP at some point of time, will report any further issues then. Also will make sure to use a different client that time.

Thanks,

Jugal