Help In Ror Application Deployment Needed

sehrguey

dear all,

To deploy depot app at my heliohost domain I:

1) uploaded app files via filemanager,

2) followed steps for creating symlink from /home/depot/public to /home/public_html/depot

by pasting to cronjob commandline "ln -s /home/sehrguey/depot/public /home/sehrguey/public_html/depot >/dev/null 2>&1",

3) created .htaccess file in /home/app/public containing "RailsBaseURI /depot",

then I directed browser to http://depot.maht.heliohost.org/ and got "can't find the server at depot.maht.heliohost.org" error.

Can you help?

I'm not 100% sure about what you are attempting to do but the first thing I would actually check is have you created the subdomain depot as the dns servers on heliohost do not have a record of it. Hence the Can't find server error message. You can create a subdomain though the subdomain option in Cpanel http://www.stevie.heliohost.org:2082/frontend/x3/subdomain/index.html

dear craigis

I can't reach a stevie's internal page - my account is at johnny (mine is a Rails app).

dear Shinryuu

after registering at this here forum (but not necessarily because of it) I can't login to my account at johnny getting "invalid login" alert all the time. Three times I tried to reset the password, got confirmation code to my email but it didn't work either. And I couldn't find where turn for support in this login issue. Bad stars' influence?

dear craigis

I can't reach a stevie's internal page - my account is at johnny (mine is a Rails app).

Ah of course sorry I didn't even think of that at the time. The sub-domain option should be in the same place on Johnny's Cpanel. Under the Domains category on the Cpanel homepage.