Which processor?

myscrnnm

Which company makes the best CPUs?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, new Apple computers ues PowerPC processors made by International Business Machines. Like, I am pretty certain that the G5 processors used in the PowerMac G5 and the iMac G5 are made by International Business Machines. New International Business Machines servers also use PowerPC processors. Motorola usually makes processors for mobile phones and handhelds now. And most servers (small business and enterprise) actually use the Intel Xeon and Intel Itanium II processors now. They are favoured for their 64-bit capabilities and reliability.

• 1 month later...

yeh, i like 64-bit, but HT is cool too. and i belive xeon offer 64-bit...

and i dont think the 6xx series of p4 offers 64-bit. maybe ur thinking the other socket, the one that starts with a 7... lol. maybe im wrong, im not so researched in this topic.

I favour Intel for consumer purposes. Like the Pentium 4 processor with Hyper-Threading Technology, and the Pentium M processor with Centrino Mobile Technology. But of all the CPU making companies, my favourite would have to be IBM. I mean, what with their PowerPC G5 processors.

Gigabyte??? I hope you don't have Gigabyte's mobo... one of my friend had to throw away his gigabyte mobo within a year of buying it... he just couldn't get it to work !!!!!!

The actual noise comes from the 3 powerful fans at the back of the cabinette.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a Pentium, but I hear AMD is really good. I'm not voting cause I'm not sure.

I use a Pentium 4. And I voted Intel because their CPUs are fast and reliable (when compared with AMD). AMD is good if you're on a budget. But if you want great value and a fast processor, the Intel CPUs are teh CPUs for you.